G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think the photo contest pics are too small?   On the old site they seemed to be a good size?   Anyone else think this?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I noticed they were a tad to small for my eyes.  

Yes, they open up to full size but it would have been nice to see them better beforehand.  After all, that's why I switched from N scale to G /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get to the contest by hovering over the top menu item "Features" and then click on "Photo Contest"

Photo Contest

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
My problem with the photo contest is that when you select View Contest....each time you open a photo to the larger size...and return to the summary page...it scrambles the location of all the photos. It sure makes viewing all the photos tough.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, I think the reason they do that is to not give any one preference to being the first pic, or even on the first page, as folks may not realize there are multiple pages now.

A way around this is to bring up the contest page and then instead of clicking on each link, right click, then a sub menu appears and you can select "Open in New Tab" or "Open in New Window" depending on your browser. This way you can look at each photo but not lose the initial sorting.  Not as convient as before but works.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I may not be seeing the obvious, but HOW do you vote?????

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Posted By jimtyp on 03/10/2008 2:24 PM
Mike, I think the reason they do that is to not give any one preference to being the first pic, or even on the first page, as folks may not realize there are multiple pages now.

A way around this is to bring up the contest page and then instead of clicking on each link, right click, then a sub menu appears and you can select "Open in New Tab" or "Open in New Window" depending on your browser. This way you can look at each photo but not lose the initial sorting.  Not as convient as before but works.

dah....why didn't I think of that....thanks.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Yes I think that they are way too small. The thumbnails are too small also. They are smaller than most picture posts I see in the regular forums. If anything give us the option to to make the big photos even bigger by left clicking on them.

Terl

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Posted By Mike Reilley on 03/10/2008 1:23 PM
My problem with the photo contest is that when you select View Contest....each time you open a photo to the larger size...and return to the summary page...it scrambles the location of all the photos. It sure makes viewing all the photos tough.

As part of my maintenance tonight, I installed a new build of the photo contest that should fix this problem. It should store the location in a cookie and remember it during your browser session.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Posted By ShadsTrains on 03/12/2008 1:31 AM
Posted By Mike Reilley on 03/10/2008 1:23 PM

As part of my maintenance tonight, I installed a new build of the photo contest that should fix this problem. It should store the location in a cookie and remember it during your browser session.

It seems to have addressed the problem, at least on my system the pictures are remaining in the same position.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Posted By jdmitchell on 03/12/2008 1:01 PM
Nick had a good question. I need the answer too. How do you vote?
Jim

You wait until the polls open....then you can vote.  Polls open after the 15th of each month.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Maybe this will help.

Dates open for making entries in the current contest.
[*]From the 16th of the previous month. [*]Till the 15th of the current month. [/list]

Dates open for voting on entries.
[*]From the 16th of the current month. [*]Till the 15th of the following month. [/list]

Example: Current Contest.
[*]Entry Dates [*]From February 16, 2008 [*]Till March 15, 2008 [/list] [*]Voting Dates [*]From March 16, 2008 [*]Till April 15, 2008 [/list] [/list]

To register a vote for an entry.
[*]To access the Photo Contest. [*]MLS menubar > Features menu > Photo Contest menu item [/list] [*]After accessing the Photo Contest, click the View Contest located in the upper-right on the Open Contests tab. [*]Click the thumbnail version of an entry to display the larger image. [*]Displayed below and slightly to the left of the larger image, you'll find. [*]The Name assigned to the entry, just above the User ID & Date of entry. [*]Although the entry Name isn't underlined it is a link. [*]To register a vote for that particular entry simply click the link. [/list] [/list]

New with this implementation of the photo contest.
[*]You may vote for more than one entry in a contest. [*]However, you are still limited to one vote per entry. [/list]

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Posted By jimtyp on 03/10/2008 11:09 AM
Does anyone else think the photo contest pics are too small?   On the old site they seemed to be a good size?   Anyone else think this?

I tried to copy Jerry Barnes photo being his was a close up and not smaller photo like mine.  I notice same as mine that new program changed the pixels sizes to 400 X 300 pix. 
 I did get his to my hard drive and use Infranview to change the Pixels sizes but photos are just to fuzzy to get a good look at Jerry Barnes photo or  any photos. Seems like you can go down on Pixels sizes but can't bring them back to original size to see photo larger  or  to see what they are...

Be nice to have now, like the old program to upload size 640 X 480 pixels to see the photos better.  At least you can see some detail in them.  
Only with this new program I see it  to have close up photos only for now. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Maybe Shad can look in to it when he gets some time and put it on his to ck/do list. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Click on the thumbnails and you get a larger version of it. Then use the browsers "back" button to return to the thumbnails... but YES I think the thumbnails are too small.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts