G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Another mystery solved.
This tip is on Greg's website (thank you Greg) and I happened to notice it when reading everything I could about this 2K2.

Product Circuit component Data transfer cable Font Line

My 3.6V battery just arrived, and one of the 2K2 had the battery cable, so I checked it before wiring it to the battery.

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Capacitor Electronic component

Now does that look like the bad one in Greg's photo?

I had plugged in a 4.8V r/c battery early in my exploration and nothing happened. This probably explains why. Very strange.

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In my few minutes of train time, I hooked it up and reversed the battery wires to the new battery. Worked like a charm - started charging and when I dropped the 12V supply the sound continued for a few seconds.

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Resistor Electrical wiring

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Pete, these batteries are sold for a few different applications, mostly phones. Last one I bought even had a different type of connector. Always a good idea to check polarity before connecting. You were posting the answer to my ?? even before I asked it. Good Show, how's the physical build going??

21 - 25 of 25 Posts