G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Spectrum 36 ton Shay. It has an old PH Hobbies Inc. Sound card in it, marked (SH) which think is for Shay. I believe it is a S4004 sound card? I was able to charge up the old battery, and it's holding at about 6volts.
It has two magnetic switches attached, which are either whistle or bell triggers? Would anyone have a installation manual for this sound card? I would like to see if it actually works? Thanks for reading Arnie.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need a pix as there were several versions of the PH hobbies sound boards.
Need a pix as there were several versions of the PH hobbies sound boards.
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Spectrum 36 ton Shay. It has an old PH Hobbies Inc. Sound card in it, marked (SH) which think is for Shay. I believe it is a S4004 sound card? I was able to charge up the old battery, and it's holding at about 6volts.
It has two magnetic switches attached, which are either whistle or bell triggers? Would anyone have a installation manual for this sound card? I would like to see if it actually works? Thanks for reading Arnie.
Circuit component Motor vehicle Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Computer hardware

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Electricity
Circuit component Motor vehicle Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Computer hardware
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Electricity

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Greg, yes, my sound card looks the same, as close as I can tell, to the S4004 card you have posted except your picture shows a black tab in the center of the card with THM-6043 stamped on it, mine does not have that tab, and I can't see below the tab to see if mine is the same? All the items around the edges look the same.
Arnie
Arnie, again a reply that is just a quote of another post.

Do not hit quote, click reply and then type and then post.

Greg

Greg

Greg

Greg
Every time I hit reply it goes to quote?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Greg, I'll try again? Yes, my sound board is pretty well the same as the S4004, except your picture shows a black tab in the center, which I can't see by to compare the components underneath. Mine sound card does not have that black tab?
Arnie

· Super Modulator
22,721 Posts
That black tab is a clip on heatsink for the LM317T voltage regulator. They get hot easily. Would not be a bad add-on for your board.

go back to my page, you will find a connection diagram for the 4004 on that page now.

Send me your email, I have a pdf "manual" that might help also... not great but some more help.

Greg

· Premium Member
7,215 Posts
There's a reply box at the bottom of the whole thread with a "Post Reply" in a BLUE button that does not quote your post.

If you highlight a sentence it will pop up a "Quote or Reply" pair. Reply has the same effect - it opens a reply box with your highlighted text in a Quote pair. Select "Quote" and it saves the text for later - to be inserted as a Quote in a future reply.

Confusing, right?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's a reply box at the bottom of the whole thread with a "Post Reply" in a BLUE button that does not quote your post.

If you highlight a sentence it will pop up a "Quote or Reply" pair. Reply has the same effect - it opens a reply box with your highlighted text in a Quote pair. Select "Quote" and it saves the text for later - to be inserted as a Quote in a future reply.

Confusing, right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts