G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for last Friday - Eat your hearts out Ryan and Jason! Although neither Dan or I is a full time collage student (Ryan) or have a job that only requires working 2 or 3 days a week (Jason). We have decided to take time out from running the business (Me) & helping defend democracy (Dan) to have a steam up during lunch. :cool:

Dans Berk was running awesome:

My  K-27s performance was much better than Mondays. I will not get into the details, but they were all bugs to be worked out of my own doing: new hand pump, throttle, and burner set-up. She had no problem making steam today and ran great:

Our engines eventually met for some side by side action:

This was really great... A passing school bus driver slammed on the brakes and just sat there for a few minutes to let the kids watch/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif the trains. Something tells me Dan may get some unexpected visitors later!

Dan headed back to work and I ran solo for a while. I lit up at around 11:50am and the K-27 ran until 1:15pm with only water being added. I was kind of suprised she ran that long!!

I have some video... I may try to compile something with Windows Movie Maker....

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
What really bothers me is that every time I go to Dan's it is windy, and cold. This Sunday forecast 40 degree and 22 mph winds. Maybe I'll sit in the car and watch.
Thanks for the photos, makes those work moments go quickly

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charles,

Last Friday when Dan and I had to go back to "work" while Jason and Ryan got to play with an Aster GS-4, it was pretty darn cold. Monday was nice but mine and Dans engines gave us nothing but problems. Today was just right: Cool, sunny, and the engines ran like watches.

I'm on the fence for Sunday.... Have fun if I don't see you there.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Dave,

Thanks for posting.  It was a nice break from work, the weather was nice and both engines ran great compared to Monday's fiasco...

Charles, 

If the weather does not cooperate on Sunday, instead of having Jason start more fires and smoke us all out maybe we can get a bus for spectators.  The kids had a pretty good view of the operations.

FYI - I trimmed the wicks down 2 more mm and the Berk was still blowing off steam like crazy.   She wanted to really strech her legs out today and was not working hard, I might have to put a brick in one of those oversize boxcars.. 

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Posted By David Rose on 03/06/2008 12:58 PM

This is for last Friday - Eat your hearts out Ryan and Jason! Although neither Dan or I is a full time collage student (Ryan) or have a job that only requires working 2 or 3 days a week (Jason). We have decided to take time out from running the business (Me) & helping defend democracy (Dan) to have a steam up during lunch. :cool:

Dave people that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones......./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif  I know for a fact that you can spend an entire day playing trains and get paid, you just do it from the confines of your office and run on rollers in the spray booth...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
The school bus stopping is a very nice touch. I suppose I should have put my track in the front yard. Having fun is what it's all about.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Posted By David Rose on 03/06/2008 12:58 PM

This is for last Friday - Eat your hearts out Ryan and Jason! Although neither Dan or I is a full time collage college student (Ryan) or have a job that only requires working 2 or 3 days a week (Jason). We have decided to take time out from running the business (Me) & helping defend democracy (Dan) to have a steam up during lunch. :cool:

Dave,

At least those years of skool have learned me to spel rite ;)...or is that taught me to spell right?  I never can remember which one. 
Don't wimp out on us now, you can brave a nice 40 degree day...with a wind chill of 30* and a nice cool 20 mph wind, right?  Big padded jackets are the key here...my legs and hands froze, but that's besides the point.

You'd better show up on sunday, lest there be heckling!

Dan,
Since you're defending democracy, perhaps you could conjure up a nice dose of global warming for us on sunday, that way my boxes don't smell like a wood fire...Jay, keep away from the fire pit.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Ryan and Jason,

I will have to take both the credit and blame for most of the trash talk and spelling errors.  I was making it up while Dave was prepping the photos -  teamwork.  

That old wooden table I used to have around the layout is now a pile of wood so you can bet it will be used to help keep us warm on Sunday. 

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan is right. It's all his fault LOL..... ;) but I have to take some of the blame, like he said is was teamwork. It's all good though. I had a lot of fun.

As far as working on my trains at "work", Jay you got me there! I even assign some of my very mechanically inclined workers tasks on the engines! Really... I have one that would be a real wiz in this hobby, but just no interst in trains.... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

Ryan, you guys have been heckling me forever... whats another missed weekend? LOL I guess I'm suprised you want my company at this point!

Sorry for the poor quality video, I crammed it all into 1.9 megs so something had to give. Maybe I'll upload a hi-res one, it was around 10 meg.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Sounds like you guys down south are having too much fun playing in Dan's yard. Most of my track has re-emerged, but the ground section still has a mountain of ice on it. From the sounds of the weather along the east coast for this weekend, perhaps we will all be indoors. Plenty of projects in the shop--just hope the weather doesn't mess with NASCAR on Sunday.

Larry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts