G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to check out Pennsylvania live steamers gauge one layout. Is anyone on here a member and if so when is it normally open to look around beside the meets?

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
The PLS track site is closed to the public. It is open to members and guests on monthly run days; and to members, guests, and members of other live steam clubs during the invitational meets on the weekends prior to Memorial Day and Labor Day.

There are several members on MLS. With luck, one will contact you by PM and offer to show you the track.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been there Many times before back in 1998 to about 2003. Use to bring my 7 1/4 gauge engine up there. I'm going to try to show up for the meet but if I can't I would like to come a different time when there will be a bunch of gauge ones there

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
If you are close enough to the The Pennsylvania Live Steamers club to consider running there, you should consider joining, even as an Associate Member, so long as you qualify.

Check the club's site and review membership requirements and bylaws to see whether you qualify as an "Associate". Their site can be found at: http://www.palivesteamers.org/

The Gauge 1 layout is a dual track layout of 219' and is partially ground level and partially elevated with a wide radius at each end and a wonderful "S" curve. Members of the club are friendly, knowledgeable and they welcome newcomers warmly. 600 miles makes frequent visits difficult, but when time is available, it is very much worth the trip.
Enjoy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll look into it but right now I live in Syracuse and I am moving back to the Albany area. I just want to visit and see the new engines that are out there

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah in saratoga, I was a member there since I was about 11. It's a very nice place, we did build a gauge one years ago and it is growing. It's a very nice 7 1/4 gauge club

1 - 7 of 7 Posts