G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the final stages of putting together a new area of our layout: a little league ball field. I hope to be able to add some bicycles to the scenario and maybe even a couple of bike racks (could probably make these myself). So far my search for 1:24 toy bicycles has not yielded a sinle bicycle. Does anyone have a possible source for bicycles, school-yard/playground equipment items?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was in HR Trains in Pinellas Park Fl, a few years ago and they sold a bag of bicycles and racers. I don't know if they still have them but if you contact Alice, the owner she will remember them. They sell some things that no one else has...:D

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I checked out their website and saw some bicyclists so I sent an email requesting information. If the racers are removeable from the bikes that'll work for me.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their response is that the riders are not removeable from the bicycles, so the hunt is still on.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
A friend made a bicycle rack out of an old comb. A few minutes with the Dremmel and judicious removal of teeth and whaddaya know.. bike rack.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Posted By desertrat53 on 09/08/2008 12:49 PM
Their response is that the riders are not removeable from the bicycles, so the hunt is still on.

With a sharp enough blade, anything is removable./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Depending on the price and construction, it might not be worth it, but it may not be as difficult as you think.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Preiser makes some bicycles in 1:22.5. I have no idea if the riders come off easy.

Here is a bicycle stand, not sure if the style will work for you:
stand

Here is a set of just bicycles and stand:
bicycles

You can check out ebay also. Here a paperboy on a bicycle:
paperboy

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bikes and stand combo look like something that will work - I'll check further on them Thanks for the tip. I am also checking out some school busses (the visiting team thought it was too far to ride their bikes)......

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Posted By Cougar Rock Rail on 09/12/2008 1:51 PM
You can get a set of six in a kit from Pola G for less than $20. They come in several different colours, and if you take the time to detail paint them, they look very good. I believe the scale is 1:22.5. They also make a bike stand.
Have a look here:
http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/ERH/eurorailhobbiesdetail.asp?pageid=&MN=9&SC=G&stock=PO331755
Here they are on my RhB velowagen. I built the little frame out of brass to hold the bikes.

Keith

Now those look really good - exceptional detail work. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Really nice work Keith! I like how you mixed up the paint schemes to make the bikes look a bit different. Nice work on the stand!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the link (I had done a Pola search earlier and somehow it didn't find them) - You and Cougar Rock Rail have pointed me in the right direction - they are now on order. I'll start looking thru my paints and brushes (and the magnifying glass will need cleaning as well).

I hope to have the ball park completed within the next 2 weeks and will post then.

Thanks for the lead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts