G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend train that I am going to do repair and replacement parts, but I can not find the train online and I can't find the parts manual for the train.

On the bottom it has marking for L•G•B (year 2000?) Made by E.P. Lehmann (Direct Decoder) 20231.10 (Steam Engine #40)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
169 Posts
This is the 2-4-0 loco made in China. 20230 and 20232 are the primary numbers for this loco. There is a 5 pin cable connecting the loco to the tender and the loco and tender were made and shipped as a pair in stand alone versions or in sets. One set was an oil tender, rest were coal tenders. Go to trainli.com for their parts via this link:

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the 2-4-0 loco made in China. 20230 and 20232 are the primary numbers for this loco. There is a 5 pin cable connecting the loco to the tender and the loco and tender were made and shipped as a pair in stand alone versions or in sets. One set was an oil tender, rest were coal tenders. Go to trainli.com for their parts via this link:

Is there a tear down PDF? or manual?

· Premium Member
43 Posts

· Premium Member
369 Posts
I have a friend train that I am going to do repair and replacement parts, but I can not find the train online and I can't find the parts manual for the train.

On the bottom it has marking for L•G•B (year 2000?) Made by E.P. Lehmann (Direct Decoder) 20231.10 (Steam Engine #40)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The LGB Parts Diagram may be helpful for identifying the components. But these locomotives were produced back in 2003 - 2005 timeframe by the original LGB company. Marklin, the LGB owner since 2007, does not provide any support to the products before they assumed ownership and production of new items. So, the you have to find parts where you can. TrainLi.com has some body and drive rod parts; I order parts for LGB locomotives from Modell-land.de in Germany. Usually the only major replacement part LGB locomotives need is the LGB E126050 Buhler Short Shaft Motor (and traction tire) which I sell on my Website for $60.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts