G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parallel to the thread noting changes in eBay policies, I stumbled across one from PayPal that has me toasting..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif

I have used PP for years, even after it ceased to be "free".  Generally, when I accumulate $$$ in my PP account, I drain them over to my bank hobby account, and when I pay someone, it has been done via PP bank transfer.  Worked great for me both as a buyer and a seller.  Big surprise last week when I bought some accessories for my new camera.  There was plenty of money in my bank account to cover the costs, but PayPal directed the charge to my "Buyer Credit" account, so now I get to wait for their  [email protected]#& bill to finish the transaction, which requires mailing a check!  

It appears that now, the only way you can draw directly on your bank account is with an e-check, which makes the seller have to wait extra days to get paid, delaying shipment.  Seems to me that PP has fabricated a way to coerce us into maintaining a balance in their coffers, or use their stinking credit account.  I feel that the convenience factor has just decreased by 99%.

Ed 

·
Registered
170 Posts
Check the Paypal record of your back-up charge card data - if your card info is outdated (ie expired credit card), Paypal will default to e-check, even though you have a debit account setup with your bank. I ran into this, this past summer when my Visa card expired and I forgot to update the renewal in Paypal. The e-check took 8 days to clear (Paypal's minimum for Can-US transfers) even though the funds actually cleared the bank in 2 days. Paypal uses the credit card as security against the bank transfer. Pain in the butt.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooops! Right you are! My debit card expired on 1/2008, but I had received a new one. Just updated my profile, hopefully will make this a non-issue. Thanks, Paul!

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
My only gripe with Paypal is they have Macomb IL as my shipping address and I can't find how to change it. I can change any of the other addresses....

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Guys,

Could this e-check thing be because the banks are stopping electronic withdraws from saving accounts..  My bank has stopped the outside withdraws from the saving accounts..  Checking seems to be OK.. 

BulletBob

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Torby,
  Once logged into PayPal, under 'My Account Overview' near the top of the page you will see a message something like:
[*] Welcome, Torby ([email protected]) edit profile. [/list] The 'edit profile' should be in blue since it is a link to another page.  Select this link.
You should now be on a page 'Profile Summary'.  In the left hand column the second item down is 'Street Address' - - select this.

You should now be on a page called 'Street Address'.  This should show the information you mentioned.  On the right hand side about half way down the page you will see a selection 'ADD'.  Select this to add a new address to the page.  You will then be able to now select the new address as your 'Home', as well as remove the incorrect address information.

If this isn't the address your talking about, from the 'Profile Summary' screen on the right side, select 'Shipping Preferences'.  This will take you to a screen 'PayPal Shipping Information'.  Under 'Address Information' you will see an 'edit' button.  By selecting this you will be able to 'Add Address' under the ship from box with the current address in it.

Hope this works for you.  I did the process last year without a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts