G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,852 Posts
The problem here in Nashville is that the drivers will run you over. Not a bike friendly area exluding the greenway.

Earlier this month I bought a folding bike, a Downtube 9FS. First new bike since 1983. No need for a rack, and I can carry it with ease in the back of the Honda Fit.

· Premium Member
2,852 Posts
Posted By vsmith on 07/29/2008 4:33 PM
"..
A guy recently was arrested here for road rage after mowing down two cyclist who wouldnt get out of his way, the guy was a physician to boot!

Was this the case where he actually passed the two who were riding side by side (would not get over) and as he passed one of the cyclists gave him an obscene gesture and after he got around them he jammed on the brakes, they hit him and both went through the rear window of his Lexus? Saw this on one of the biking commuter forums, sounded like the bikes were at fault for failure to yield, but the Dr. who stopped short had a history of agressive driving with cyclists.

There was some blerb on the local news about some mob of "bikers" beating the snot out some unsuspecting driver in Seattle today too.

I guess there are jerks on both sides?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.