G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Any of you folks out there excited about this year's tournament?  I guess the only reason I am in to it this year is my team, the VIllanova Wildcats, made it in by the skin of their teeth!  I don't know if they will beat Clemson Friday night.  Clemson struggled from the free throw line, and 'Nova seems to do better, that might make all the difference.  I guess we'll find out on Friday!

Mark

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
(sticks and balls are tools of satan...)   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

(if it doesn't have a motor, it isn't a sport...)  :D

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Duncan,

I agree, that's why I don't participate, only watch. 

My sport is that of the Greek gods: Track and Field.

Hmm.. your comments seem to be contradictory, unless of couse you're talking about Amish Nascar:
http://www.oldengineshed.com/forcychm.html

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Duncan on 03/18/2008 1:19 PM
(sticks and balls are tools of satan...)   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

(if it doesn't have a motor, it isn't a sport...)  :D

If it doesn't run on steam it ain't worth it./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Yeah, March Madness

I have 3 t.v.'s and 1 computer all set up./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif  We're talking 32 games of basketball in the first 2 days and I'll watch them all.  (I'll be burned out by Sat/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif).  I'll have plenty of time to rest up for the Sweet Sixteen though./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Hey, Duncan - Where do the sticks come in to play?

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've got Gonzaga U, from right here in Spokane.
And Washington State, so I'll watch at least until they lose, then I'll prolly just watch the championship game.
jb

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Cannot wait for it:D:D Im pickin North Carolina, Duke isnt  doing to good lately, in our pool at work i picked a lot of upsets, a lot of parity these days, see ya monday after the first weekend is over;)

tom h

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
"Both the KSU Wildcats as well as perenial powerhouse KU Jayhawks are in so I will be watching!"  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

GO HAWKS ! ! !  
    ...On to the Sweet 16 !

Go Cats  . . .          
       . . . RIP 2nd Round.  Goodbye Beasley.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I know their not doing so hot this year, but at least their better than the Villanova Wildcats (oooo there's an original mascot)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif  But I have to stand behind my alma matter.

GO TERPS

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll take the agility and speed and cunning of a Wildcat over a slow, clunky turtle any day of the week.   Oooh!! A turtle!  I'm scared..  That;s about as scary as a fighting blue chicken.

Chris - it looks like the only Maryland showing in this tournament is University of Maryland - Baltimore County's fighting retrievers, going up again Georgetown's Hoyas (which is some kind of a bulldog).  I am also rooting for Maryland in that contest.  Come on Upset!!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
But of course I was referring to the lady Terps...lol... they actually stand a chance of winning the tournament (again).

BTW Terrapins are not slow clunky turtles, they are for their size pretty mean little critters with jaws of steel. I'd like to see how a wildcat would do under water?....hehehe Besides, I did say original.

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Just remember,

On a clear day - You see LA

Go bruins /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
March Madness, I enjoy this better than any other time when it comes to sports. I try to watch as many games as I can. It helps if your team is doing well but overall just a great time of year for us basketball junkies.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
If any of you are coming to the Final Four in San Antonio next month, SAGRES will be running for you to come say hello!
Jim Shutt
SAGRES

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a road race this AM and didn't stay up to watch the Villanova-Clemson game.  I figured it was over when 'Nova was down by alomst 20. 

Watching Sports Center this morning (that's on ESPN for you antenna types),  they somehow managed to overcome the Clemson's full court press and win in Tampa last night!!  I think the title of the segment was "Upset CIty"!!

I think I am hooked.  The first two days of games were a lot of fun to watch.  A lot of close games, and some amazing upsets (like Western Ky and Drake, UConn, etc..)

How did your teams do?

We're hanging in there with Duke (MB's fav team) and Villanova!

Mark

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
My wife is ecstatic./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif  Her alma mater is USD and she picked the Toreros to beat  U Conn. She also took W Kentucky. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif She's pretty good at sports having spent 5 years working for the Big West Conference, then as an SID for Cal State Los Angeles. ;)  She teaches Algebra to Seventh graders now). /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/kiss.gif She is temporarily winning our pool after 2 days./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

As for me, it's UCLA all tha way.:D

Oh yeah, I watched all 32 games, 4 at a time on a 62" hi def, 32" hi def, 26" hi def and 17" gaming laptop computer.  During the down time I have an analog 32" sent up with a Wii to bowl, golf and play tennis.

I LOVE MARCH MADNESS

Tommy
Rio Gracie

·
Registered
258 Posts
Zags are gone. They played like last year---they didn't want to win.
WSU killed Notre Dame and is moving on! It was Notre Dames coach's lowest scoring game he ever coached.
Go Cougs!
My wife graduated from Washington State many moons ago.
jb

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Phew/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif

UCLA is going to the Sweet Sixteen.  As for tomorrow, go USD/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Rio Gracie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts