G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over a year ago I paid a contractor known now to myself and my friends as the "Shirk Brothers" (if you remember the movie The Money Pit) a good sum of money to put an addition on my house. I reminded them constantly of the importance of drainage on the property as my neighborhood has a notoriously high water table. So when the final grading was done I was left with a pond every time it rained that would pool up, overwhelm the drain tile, and start filling the crawlspace access well to the point where it would start to pour into the crawlspace. So after repeated unanswered phone calls to the Shirk Brothers I decided to take care of it myself.

I rented a baby backhoe this weekend and dug a swale across the yard between the house and the layout.

Here's the Backhoe rented from "this ole Hooptie 'R US Tractor rentals"

And the final swale although the camera didn't capture it too well. All in all it turned out better than I thought it would.

Hmmm....now that I know terra forming I could rent this sucker again and make some big changes to the layout.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brian-

LOL, now you tell me! I actually thought about asking you, but I thought it would be imposing a little much. I am looking at some kind of rain barrel set up of some kind for the front uphill side downspout as its discharge also creates a small problem (although much smaller than water pouring into the crawlspace!)

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Chris,

Here, I was half expecting you'd post some pictures of the Grand Canyon of Baltimore.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts