G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know theres a lot of MAC sites out there, but I will try here first.

How do I password protect my wireless network at home with my Macbook?  I was able to see the network, but couldn't see how to add a password for access.  I got to the Airport administrator, but that was looking for the Apple base station, so I couldn't or didn't know how to add a password there.

Do any of you have any experience with this?

Can anyone point me to a MLS-like user's forum where I won't get the beat down for being a greenhorn?

Thanks.

Mark

Worst situation, I suck it up and call Apple and ask them for help.  Might work, might not.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
I haven't had any experience with wireless networks on my Macs (yet), but I've found the forums on the Apple web site to be quite helpful for almost any issue that's come up. I want to say it's under the "support" banner, then go to "discussions." They've got a forum dedicated to wireless networking. I don't know where the guys "who know" learn that stuff, but it sure would be nice if it were in a book somewhere.

I've always started with a search, which generally turned up a few possibilities before I had to go and actually ask on the forum.

Later,

K

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Are you using the airport base station?   What system version? If you'r esing leopard, just go to the system preferences and click on "Network." Then click on "airport" and press the  "advanced" button in the lower right corner. A dialogue will pop up asking for your password, and once you enter that you'll see the name of your netwrk and you can establish a password

1 - 4 of 4 Posts