G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my F-40 project I am going to attempt to paint the piggy myself in what i would consider "modern" colors for the Borracho Springs RR. However I would apprieciate some opinions about the various schemes. Each scheme will have the large sunrise logo that I still have a few left over. So the schemes:

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/F40Paintscheme.jpg

Its a larger file for clarity, so link only/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

I am so far heavily leaning toward scheme 1 with the swooping paint line.

If any of ya have your own suggestions feel free to copy and provide me a doodle:
http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/F40paintyerown.jpg

:D

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Vic,

Maybe its because its the current trend, but I like the Borracho 1 and Borracho 4.  I'd even like 4 better if it had more of a NY Giants blue than a SD Chargers Blue, but that's your call. The D&H Variant is interesting, too.  Might go well with other SF models you might have. 

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By markoles on 02/08/2008 11:22 AM
Vic,

Maybe its because its the current trend, but I like the Borracho 1 and Borracho 4. 

Mark
I have to agree with a slight edge toward Borracho 4.

--Ron in CC

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm also waffling between 1 & 4. I'd go to 1 if you had a colorful large logo for the side. If it's your standard black, then I'd lean more towards 4.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
1&4 work for me too, but I also like #3. Interesting and colorful. If I were to rate them by preference it would be 4, 3, & 1. Forget the D&H scheme. It, along with the ATSF red warbonnet are the two hardest to get right. Forget the plain silver and black and as for Amtrak..............forgetaboutit.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 is still my favorite, I might do the lower half first, then test the colors I can always repaint the blue to black if I dont like it. I think the black would be most striking.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Posted By Scottychaos on 02/11/2008 1:18 PM Vic, did you change the drawing? im only seeing two plain janes, Amtrak, and all-white.. I dont see any of these other schemes being discussed.. Scot
heh..never mind, I found them! ;)
 (I turned off the "auto-resize" years ago because I dont like the browser resizing photos for me..
 I didnt realise there were other images hiding off to the far-right!  :)

I definately like Borracho 1 the best...the black and yellow is slick..very nice. 

Scot

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Vic,

I think the all black face on an F40 would be kind of dull.  I would tend to think making it more like the current Amtrak Phase 5 would enhance the look of either the #1 or #4 scheme.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts