Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
WOW! Really cool!

Finally to see it running!

One of the prototypes was plagued with derailments racing the adjoining railroad's narrowgauge locos!

Chas

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Bruce'
Are you going to have a track for that available at Diamondhead next year so we can see what it will pull ???????????????
Larry Herget /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif" border=0> LS-2173

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larry,
I'm not sure what category it would be run in. Maybe against the Shays as it is a gear driven loco.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Very cool, indeed! I've seen the tracks and bits and pieces several times over the years so finally seeing it run is great. Maybe some benefactor with the resources will offer to cast new supports in brass (bronze, whatever) in a offer that Marc can't refuse. Possibly it would then be running again next summer at the Garden Railroad Convention in Denver.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
With out a doubt, this is the niftiest thing I've ever seen in live steam. I remember seeing the track at Marc's, but never got to see the machine run. The Side Street article is very interesting indeed. I love the Robert Bennett rendition of Marc in one of the pictures where the driver, Marc, is eyeing the photographer. For my money's worth, this live steam model is Best In Show!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Neat piece of work!:cool: VERY impressive model of a REALLY obscure (but fascinating!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif ) prototype!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts