G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you were lucky enough to this in person but all i can say is WOW im impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me...:D;)
Nick..

·
Registered
688 Posts
Holy crap!! That is one nice layout. Did you see all the turnouts in his yard!?!? Those alone cost more than everything i have. It's also nice to see a large layout that has operational aspects. A lot of the large layouts I have seen lately are just big roundy rounds. They are nice, just not my thing.
Thanks for sharing Nick. I think I'm going to watch the video again.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
YYYYYEeeeeeaaaaapppppp, he'd gone battery from square one.
Good ol' boy...

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 08/30/2008 7:01 PM
YYYYYEeeeeeaaaaapppppp, he'd gone battery from square one.
Good ol' boy...

And has had absolutely nothing but trouble with them. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

We went to see it twice and twice it was down because af Airwire problems and not enough charged batteries. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
OK, OK NO WAR ON THIS THREAD PLEASE..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif this was ment to let everyone that hasnt seen this to view it and have fun please...............dont make me get a can of WHIP ASS out.... he. he. he. you know how us [CRAZY NEW YORKERS ARE] its all in fun but its nice to know that he can run track or battery power. for us simple guys that can only afford to run track power/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif i thank the guy but battery has its advantages as well, but i cant afford battery power..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif:confused::D
Nick

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Yea Todd, nananananan
I just went by what the guy said on tape.
so there.....nnnaaaannnna

OK Ok , I will go take a time out.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 08/30/2008 7:43 PM
Yea Todd, nananananan
I just went by what the guy said on tape.
so there.....nnnaaaannnna
OK Ok, I will go take a time out.

OK, then we'll let it slide. ;)

BTW, nice article in GR Marty. :D

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Marty, I think everyone will agree your artice was very good so we'll let you off the hook this time.... But don't let it happen again.... :)

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
This layout has 4000 cars and over 300 engines, all with metal wheels and kadee couplers.
Switches are air controlled.

A great layout to see in the phoenix area.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Awesome, truely awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for posting the video.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for giving us the link, - quite magnificent, but do book yourself 'plenty of Video watching time' - there are 50 in all of the layout!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Very nice indeed, proof theres no problem that cant be solved if you spend enough money on it :)

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Yes he has Troubles. Yes I have been there a coupld of times only to be disappointed because he was not running. How many of you have had troubles with our layout. I know Marty has. I have. And with a layout that size it has.

The there are some ideas in formation to learn from that video.

Marty Go stand in the corner and make shame for a hour for teasing Tod.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's great to see this fabulous model railroad finally get some outside attention. The Phoenix guys have been enjoying it for three years already. He has hosted club meetings, fed everyone from the restaurant, has an open run night once a month, and was open every night during the convention. He is a very gracious guy, willing to share this railroad with anyone who wants to come by.
Paul

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Yea, but with that kind of money backing it... I beat if some of us was there to help him with battery power he would not have it. its that dang airsomething-thingy.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 08/31/2008 12:44 PM
Yea, but with that kind of money backing it... I beat if some of us was there to help him with battery power he would not have it. its that dang airsomething-thingy.

I bet that if a bunch of us from mls would decend on his layout in force we could solve all of his problems in a couple of days. His Layout would run flawlessly

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Posted By John J on 08/31/2008 2:09 PM

I bet that if a bunch of us from mls would decend on his layout in force we could solve all of his problems in a couple of days. His Layout would run flawlessly

As I've heard it, his problem is that Airwire "sold him a bill of goods." He told them that he wanted to run these humongous trains and they said their system was up to the task. Seems it wasn't.

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Dennis has one of the most magnificent railroads ever constructed. His trackwork is absolutely "perfect." Sighting down the longest straight section of track, you can't see a ripple. That's really something in the Mesa, AZ sun. The subroadbed is concrete with soft roadbed under the track. He can run 20 USA passenger car trains pulled by ABBA PA's or 50-60 car freight trains without mishap.

Yes, like any other layout, there are some struggles but to visit and experience the layout, it's nothing less than awesome. Regardless if he has problems with battery or track power.

I've enjoyed my time visiting and experiencing his masterpiece. Wonderful video..... Thanks for posting it.

Oh yeah..... Remember, these are toys.... :):D/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Posted By John J on 08/31/2008 2:09 PM

JJ........... Don't think he'd let us touch it.... HE'S the head engineer.... :)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif:D

Marty, you're almost there. Just a couple of more sections of track and you'll be REALLY close.. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts