G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our way to Marty's, we spent a couple of days in Durango, then drove to Chama on our way East.

Visited a fabulous outdoor F scale layout in Durango.... Top image

and then as we left Chama, we found this work locomotive pushing 4 ballast hoppers....

More to come as time passes......... :):)

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Ah! That work train is none other than #489 recently ressurected by the boys in the Chama shop! With the multi-year refurbishment of the #489 complete the C&TSRR now has four operational K-36 Mikados! Next on the schedule, slated to begin this winter, is K-27 #463!!! :D

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Stan,
Thanks for my Narrow Gauge "fix" this morning. I love those shots!:D Your pictures and a cup of "Jo". Whose railroad in Durango? Jonathan will find the info about #463 good news!

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posted By gary Armitstead on 09/17/2008 8:23 AM
Stan,
Thanks for my Narrow Gauge "fix" this morning. I love those shots!:D" border=0> Your pictures and a cup of "Jo". Whose railroad in Durango? Jonathan will find the info about #463 good news!

Glad you've enjoyed the images. We'll be doing more at Marty's....:)

Gary, I'm really embarrassed about the owner of the layout. His first name is John and he lives very near the crossing in Hermosa. I totally spaced out on his last name.... He's a good friend of Steve Lillard's. I should be able to get his last name for you in a few days... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Stan,
Your visit tomorrow is looked forward to with great anticipation. Those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Travel safely.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Actually there are some bad news type rumors floating around about the Chama shop and 463. Though the money seems to be in place fo restoring r 463 through private funding, the unofficial story is that 489 will be the last loco rebuilt by the shop in Chama. Future rebuilds will be undertaken by an outside agent under contract. The C and T is run by a bi state commission from New Mexico and Colorado. Money for year round payroll is very tight in the states budget with the down economy. Lets hope this is wrong.
Stan , I have visited Johns line in Hermosa north of Durango. Very cool setting and they have even bigger plans coming.
Jonathan/EMW

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Posted By K27_463 on 09/17/2008 10:07 PM

Stan , I have visited Johns line in Hermosa north of Durango. Very cool setting and they have even bigger plans coming.
Jonathan/EMW

Thanks, Jonathan.... Yes, it's a very nicely done railroad. Wide open, long runs, excellent trackwork and models the D&RGW line with highly crafted simplicity. It's an awesome layout.:):)

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Stan if you are skipping your way across the Midwest riding tourist rails, are you going through Kansas? I could recommend a couple of stops on the way, or the way back. One is the Smokey Valley in Abeline, and the other is in Baldwin City (just south of Lawerance). Use I-70 to access both, and then from Baldwin City it is almost straight north to Marty's

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 09/18/2008 7:06 AM
I'm right on schedule then, Dwight....
I'm right there with ya Stan... what were we talking about? :D" border=0>

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... I thought you knew..... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Next year Stan has to say home till everyone else has left for Marty's/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif At the rate he takes pictures there won't be anything left for the rest of of to take/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
That's good save me having to work:). Guess that is why I will show up Friday. Later RJD

1 - 20 of 40 Posts