G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of the origin of the Delton passneger cars and when they stopped producing same? I'm farily new to the hobby (seven years or so) so I have not been around as long as others to see the ecvolution of such items. I kind of recall some scuttle-but with regard to Aristocraft years ago?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Aristo-Craft makes them and calls then "Sierra" coaches. I have 4 and like them a lot.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Michael,
Hartland does make the short ones and long ones. Aristo got only the freight car molds and call them 'Classic Line' cars. Both Aristo and Hartland products are VERY good. Bot are 1:24 scale narrow gauge models, but can work as a smaller car in 1:29 scale. Not really suitable for 1:20

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing gents, theres quite a bit of history associated with the old Deltons, great article link!

Michael

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Lewis got some, but not all of the delton molds. "I liked the C16 so much I bought the company."

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW: After reading the link provided above I read that the Aristocraft coaches are not of Delton origin, Hartland ended up with the coach tooling, while Aristo purchased other rolling stock tooling.

Michael

·
Registered
474 Posts
Garrett,
Only in the Aristo sets. The individual cars still have lights and interior seats, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
And new power pickups that roll very smoothly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts