G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old San-Val website included two items I cannot find. Two of these were the fortune teller and the popcorn stand. Anyone know where these items can be obtained?

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
There's a fellow who does a lot of business on Ebay selling all sorts of off G-scale figures & accessories. Goes by the vendor handle LarrryG. (I think it's three "R"s -- might be four!). He's likely to have the pieces you mentioned.

(Not affiliated, other than as a satisfied customer etc. etc...)

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Posted By Gary Woolard on 04/04/2008 9:45 PM

There's a fellow who does a lot of business on Ebay selling all sorts of off G-scale figures & accessories. Goes by the vendor handle LarrryG. (I think it's three "R"s -- might be four!). He's likely to have the pieces you mentioned. (Not affiliated, other than as a satisfied customer etc. etc...)

I have thoroughly checked his Ebay store.  In fact, I have bought a lot of his products. The goods I am looking for are not there either.   I'm still looking . . . 

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I think that these may have just been refrigerator magnets with the magnets removed.

There are specialty places that sell refrigerator magnets, as well as places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond that also seem to have a wide assortment. Probably also available on the 'net if you are looking for the right thing (i.e., specialty magnets, or such).

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posted By toddalin on 04/05/2008 1:51 PM

I think that these may have just been refrigerator magnets with the magnets removed. There are specialty places that sell refrigerator magnets, as well as places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond that also seem to have a wide assortment. Probably also available on the 'net if you are looking for the right thing (i.e., specialty magnets, or such).

All that and now it turns out these products may be nothing more than refrigerator magnets?

I am deflated.  I'll keep a lookout for them in the local (200 miles away) Wal Mart and Bed, Bath & Beyond (a brand-new store about to open in Anchorage). Thanks for the heads-up.

--Ron

·
Registered
170 Posts
You might email Al ([email protected]) and ask him if he still has any, or where he got them...

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted By Skip on 04/06/2008 2:27 PM

You might email Al ([email protected]) and ask him if he still has any, or where he got them...

Thanks for the suggestion and the email link. I have now done just that.

--Ron in Alaska

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Try Cargo To Go.

I have bought stuff from them through San Val. i have the fortune teller booth and popcorn stand. I do not remember for sure if i got it from Cargo to Go or not. They do have some nice stuff.

John

G

·
0 Posts
Found the popcorn stand on line and before I ordered it asked how big the man was inside. She said "maybe about 1" tall". Ask questions. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gif

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
The Lemax site says the fortune teller is 4-3/4" tall, and the popcorn/cotton candy thing is 5-1/8" tall...only question is whether that is the product itself or the box it comes in....I vaguely remember seeing the cotton candy stand at Pool City when they were selling Christmas stuff. And IIRC it was the size of the people, not the size of the houses...so it should work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts