G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are there so many old, years old, posts? Anyway to filter out posts that are a certain time old? Looking at all these old posts is just a waste of time. And if there aren't that many (relatively) new posts, then it doesn't seem like this who forum thing is very useful.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The first 18 posts I see are current or a month or two old. Old posts appear because members, either new or old, find them and post to them, perhaps to learn something?
I find the new MLS format easy to use and enjoy it, hope you can find that as well.
Jerry

·
Super Modulator
20,774 Posts
Newbies often do not create new threads, but add on to an old post, often 10 years old or even older.

Most forums discourage this in their policies.

Try reading the new posts, that should put the newest and most active at the top of your list.

Greg

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Try reading the new posts, that should put the newest and most active at the top of your list.
This software has to 'learn' where you were when you stopped reading (I asked the Admin.) So if someone re-activates an old, old post, you have to slog through it to the end to read the latest post(s).

It is interesting to have to check the date when a "new" thread pops up in the 'New Posts' list. :mad::(

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Looking at all these old posts is just a waste of time.
Norm, there is a wealth of useful info here - though I do share your pain about the resurrection of ancient threads. I often use a site-specific google to find something in the old threads, e.g. "site:mylargescale.com EBT Coach 20"

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I have been caught up in that. Reply to a post and then notice it is years and years old. Now I look before replying and usually just don't waste my time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts