G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Starting Friday, I will be offline for about a week. I will be undergoing surgery to remove a large cyst from my nasal cavity/sinuses. In addition the Dr. plans to remove my enlarged adenoids. I'm not sure how long I'll be down, but I'm planning enough time to fully rest up.

I want to apologize to everyone here. Over the past few months I've been a bad webmaster. Emails have gone unanswered, updates have been sparse, and broken items haven't been fixed. I have really struggled with my health. An effect of my current ailments has been that I am unable to get a good night's sleep. I have been exhausted due to the lack of meaningful rest for months. As a result, I've had little motivation or energy to get anything done, have a hard time remembering simple things, and I've had a short temper with my family. In addition, the financial stress that many of us are experiencing is also having an effect.

Please understand that if I haven't responded to your emails, fixed your problem, or posted the update that you requested, that I've been doing my best, but right now, even that isn't good enough. I will try to get all the updates in that I can over the next two nights.

Your calendar orders will not be affected by this. My downtime will be during the printing and shipping of the calendars. I'll have my wife and maybe a friend or two over to help ship out all the calendars and get them out as soon as possible.

Also, I'd like to take the time to thank our moderators who really help me keep things in line here and answer as many questions as possible. I'd like to specifically point out Dwight and Steve. They do a great job with answering the technical questions before I can get to them. Thanks guys!

Thank you to everyone for making MLS the best site on the web for large scale trains. It's your participation that makes the site what it is.

If I don't get to update before next Thursday, Happy Thanksgiving! See you next week?

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Hey Shad,

Health first, everything else is secondary...the Mods can handle the day to day stuff while your off, take it easy buddy!

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Shad
Your health comes first. The moderators will keep MLS up and running in your absence.
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy
recovery.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yikes, that sounds terrible. I hope all goes well. I had a nasty sinus infection once and that was awful. I can't imagine a cyst. Good luck.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Many wishes for successful procedures and speedy recovery... Nick

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
God speed to recovery.
JimC.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
(Hey Dwight and Steve... Paar-ty, paarrr-ty, paarrr-ty, paarrrr-ty, paarrrr-ty!)

Shad... I had a boss that had something similar done several years ago. He came back to work the next day... BAD IDEA! Didn't come in the day after. But he was fine later that week. Take a day or two of just lounging around and then, just think you can stay home the rest of the week and work on the forum software!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Ow.

Take care of yourself. We won't start any big fights while you're out.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Good Luck and our prayers are with you. Take as much time as you need to get back on your feet. As many have already said, your health and family come before this site or anything else for that matter.

Take care!

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Shad,

Good luck with the surgery, we'll be praying for you as well. As the others have suggested, take the time to recover.

Mark

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Best wishes on a speedy recovery Shad, I'm sure everyone will understand, and appreciates what you have done. So Get well and Get back soon! Remember TIME will heal almost anything. The regal

1 - 20 of 41 Posts