G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know my youngest son Wil, who is 16 and drives like I do.
last friday night he tried to park his car.

this is what happens when you lose control at 65mph on gravel.
He was honest with the Sheriff and the guy went easy on him.
Wil had the seatbelt on and is fine. the car has one window broke and the muffler lose.
the trees slowed him down and layed it on its side.
two days later I realized I could have lost a son before the older son heads off to war in Dec with the Army resv.

This is just past the little bridge on our road. If he had gone off the other side he would have rolled couple of times and hit large trees.

We choose not to turn it into insurance because they will raise his rates and he has one more payment and it will be paid for. We can fix the rest.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hopefully this will teach him to take it easier. A couple of weeks ago the 18 yr. old neighbor boy backed his Civic full of friends down the driveway. Unfortunately he did not bother to look where he was going and backed right into the front end of his Mom's Suburban sitting at the bottom of the driveway. Totally smashed up the rear end of his car. Just about nothing done to the Suburban. He started driving the Suburban after a couple of weeks still driving like he did before.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Some kids learn from books, some learn by example, but some require personal experience. Sure hope he is not like those that never learn.

Talk about silly backing up... watched two neighbors down the street, across the street from each other; Saw them come out of their houses at the same time, wave to each other at the same time and say something like "Good Morning" at the same time. They both got into their cars at the same time, started them at the same time, shifted into reverse at the same time, backed to a stop at the end of their respective driveways at the same time and entered the street at the same time. The end result was that they attempted to get two objects to occupy the same space at the same time. As I recall, the damage to each car was about the same, too.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Marty, Glad to here Wil was not injured. I remember how I drove at that age. Lucky to be here.

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
GLAD WILL IS OK!

Seems like car wrecks are a right of passage.

Anyway Wll should cover the damages..that is also a right of passage!

REAL glad to hear he is OK..maybe think Vespa;)

Bubba

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Thankfully he is OK.

Our support to your oldest son, going off to war.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow! I'm sure glad Wil is OK. I never drive faster than about 35 on your road and I have four wheel drive./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
we are glad that Wil is OK. It is also fortunate that the vehicle damage wasn't worse.
JimC.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Wow Marty that was a close one.Sure glad he was smart enough to wear a seat belt. I have been thru that with one of my sons so I know the feeling.And I know Will well enough to know he will learn from it.
Fred

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Wonder how we survived.
I remember driving the Ortega Highway at 0030 in my first 50 Ford, averaging 90 MPH from Lake Elsinore to Capistrano....with the lights off.........

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Sure glad Wil's OK. Never laid one on it's side but did take out 6 feet of foundation in the school lunchroom at that age. People do drive fast on your gravel road even combines.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
"Oops."

Glad everybody's ok.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 07/28/2008 7:06 PM

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Whoa !!! That could have been a lot worse.. Glad to hear that Wil's OK.. If I make it out there to your "thingy" and bring my 17 year old daughter.... She'll be doing the driving, thank you.

All my best thoughts and prayers to your elder son.. Come back safe..

DF

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Wow marty, I glad Wil is OK... Slow down Wil........../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif:cool:;)

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Tisk Tisk Tisk Young'ns today. Life was so boring being the model child that I was/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

I was 22 when I roll my CORVAIR in the Mountians outside of Mountian Home Idaho.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts