G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building this model. All went fine until I fitted the bogies. These are far too deep, meaning the car sits much too high. I have read and re-read the instructions, and am sure I'm following correctly. Anyone else encountered this?

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I cannot help you with your issue but I'm very interested in your overall opinion of the kit. Do you have any pictures you can share. I wanted to build OcCre's Rocket but can only find the Cable Car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robert

It is a pretty good kit, although here and there I've had to do a bit of trimming to make things fit. The real issue is the height of the bogies, as you can see.

I also built the OcCre London bus, which I thought was a pretty good kit.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,716 Posts
Looking at photos of cable cars, I think your model looks just about right regarding height. The bottom of the body appears to be just below the crotch level of a person standing next to the front, or about 27-28 inches, and the pilot sheet (?) also looks about right. Once you get the hanging steps on the sides (and perhaps the lower side sheeting), it will probably look okay.

·
Super Modulator
21,130 Posts
It also looks a bit taller, sitting on the flanges, as opposed on rails, sitting on the treads. Not a lot, but noticeable.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts