G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Okay, done. Not quite as good as either of the Samorost ones.

Was the music any good? (My speakers are toast and I cannot hear any sounds on my PC.)

·
Registered
934 Posts
I couldn't get past the combination lock deal at the start.

Did like the little guys perpetual motion generator though.

Music were not terrible.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Each of the boxes of the lock has 4 settings, you have to try all the combinations until you find the one that works. It is boring and tedius even though there are only 256 possible combinations (4x4x4x4=256)

I click the right-most one once, then click the wheel and repeat that "pair of clicks" 4 times or until I see the starting symbol again. Then I click the box just to the left once and repeat the 4 "pair of clicks" sequence of the right-most box. Repeat that for each single click of the second box and then repeat all of that for each successive click of the next box to the left. And, obviously, do it all again for each successive click of the left-most box.

Unfortunately, I randomly clicked some of the boxes at the start before I started a logical sequence to finding the combination so I have no idea how far from the initial setting the actual combination is. I think I then went through about 70 clicks to get it to work.

NOW, I wish I could remember what the combination was! If I ever play it again I will have to write down what the sequence of the symbols are.

Quite frankly, the game was not worth the effort. Too many "screens" are just a 15 to 30 second animation of the character traveling from one place to the next and several screens had only one puzzle to solve and it was not all that difficult. Basically it manages to create some high anticipation, but never actually gets there. Some of the puzzles are 5th grade bathroom humor... getting the baby bird to eat a bug so it will poop in a cup... tee hee hee the birdy pooped! tee hee hee.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
or you could click on the rodent hiding under the mushroom thingy above the cave and then click on the pullchain and read the combination of off of the door that the light shows....

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By DougArcher on 08/08/2008 3:20 PM
or you could click on the rodent hiding under the mushroom thingy above the cave and then click on the pullchain and read the combination of off of the door that the light shows....

/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very good Doug. It took me awhile to get that one.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
There is some big-eyed elfin creature sitting in front of a keyhole that you have to move. He has a huge set of headphone on his (its) head and a small controller in one hand. Calling it an "iPod" is just a derogatory modernism to describe it.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yea, I did see that. I didn't get your humor at first. Thanks.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I made it through six or eight screens before my computer told me it had enough.

Looks like Rube Goldberg had a big hand in designing many of the puzzles and mechanisms.

I find myself wondering about the little dudes 'scale': either there be a lot of giant sized flora and fauna in that corner of the world or this guy is less than a foot tall. I dunno...maybe he's about 1/12th or 1/8th scale?

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Yes, quite Rube Goldberg-ish. :)

As for "scale"... The little guy is the same size as some of the insects! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

I suppose the designers saw how "G-scale" is done and acted accordingly. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I got as far as the witch in the tree tasting whatever from her cauldron, and getting her hand on the lever up and down. The Regal Interesting!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
She sure is fast with that hand, ain't she? ya gotta get her brew spiked with something halucinogenic to slow that hand down!

The designers must be English... the switch is up for Off and down for On.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
now i am to the cave where he is standing, and jaw like buckets are trying to reach him HELP I cant seem to go any farther??????/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Put on your Rocky Rocket Pants as worn as the hero in "Rocky Rocket Pants" and Junior Birdman yourself outta there!

No, wait, that was a fictional character and you don't have any Rocky Rocket Pants... never mind.

While one of the claw like buckets is extended, take a leap of faith.

You can rock the old man and use his cane to pump the first of the three cylinders... Of course the system will lose pressure too fast to do any good, but it is a start on things.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.