G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
First of all, hello.

Second, you'll probably soon find that, unlike some smaller scales, there is really no "wrong" way to enjoy large scale :) The large scale community goes from the scratchbuilt super prototypical uber detailed, to straight out of the box New Brite. And from prototypical operations on handlaid track to just going roundy-round on plastic stuff....and everywhere in between.

Nothing wrong with rivet counting, I just don't have the time, patience, or money to do it ..So I employ the three foot rule (some use ten) ;) I chose Lehmann Toytrain because of their indestructability and durability (When I got into large scale my girls were small), price, and lack of space for anything bigger. (Their quirky looks have grown on me. As was said above, a little paint and a few castings make a world of difference.) But I also enjoy looking at the wonderful handbuilt pieces other have done, so please post (lots of) pics. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.