G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a heavy (30 lb) steel building with laser-cut plastic details. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of trim supplied and the laser etched signage.
The metal roofing is an additional cost, but really adds to the appearance. The assembly was for the most part relatively straightforward, but did require a couple of phone calls to Dan Hoag. A couple of nice features of the building is the removable main roof and signage, the latter being something I will remove to minimize UV damage, when the railroad is not in operation.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg, the building comes as a complete weldment except for the main roof. The doors, windows, vent, signs and storefronts are laser cut plastic and need to be painted and assembled. The metal roofing is aluminum sheet that I glued to the roof with black silicon adhesive. The metal parts are powder coated (grey E-coat). For an additional $235, I could have purchased the building completely assembled and painted.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Very nice looking building. Whats the cost of the participial kit? Later RJD

·
Registered
688 Posts
They are nice buildings but i sure couldn't afford em.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After 25 years of fighting Mother Nature, I decided it would be cheaper to have a few "permanent" buildings rather than constantly repairing or replacing a bunch of less durable buildings.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I totally agree. Problem is, im at the beginning of my 25 years with little kids and house payments. :) I've seen alot of their work and like it all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts