G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

February the longest month of the year is finally drawing to a close, but not without one last cold snap. Waking up to -20C (-4F) in the mornings is no fun at all. Fortunately the days are getting longer and the sun warmer. Milder weather will bring lots more snow, but that warm sun is a constant reminder that old man winter has no more chance of sticking around than a snowman.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Paul,

I have been going to the gym before work every morning, and I have noticed the sky lightening just after 6 AM a little earlier every day.  It is still dark when I go, but now it is pretty light when I leave!  Soon, It'll be light enough at 5:15 to do my 7-8 mile runs on the roads.  Maybe the farm with the Belgian draft horses will have foals again this year.  Last year, it was cool watching those huge 'babies' (the size of 1/4 horses) grow in to those mosters!! 

Although I have to admit, after today's interval workout, on a 1/11th mile track, going out in to 15F (~-10C) felt refreshing!!  Granted, I was still wearing a T shirt and shorts, not a Speedo like Larry O would have...

To be honest, the next 4 weeks is going to be the longest month....waiting for the ECLSTS!!!!!

Mark

PS That's a cool looking snowman.  Got any other angles?  Who was that supposed to be? A Washington Fat Cat? 

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted By markoles on 02/29/2008 9:01 AM

To be honest, the next 4 weeks is going to be the longest month....waiting for the ECLSTS!!!!!

PS That's a cool looking snowman.  Got any other angles?  Who was that 
supposed to be? A Washington Fat Cat? 

Mark, the last time our club went to the ECLSTS there was snow everywhere. When we came home four days later it was all gone. Here's hoping. :)

March is a teaser. We will get warm weather, the snow will melt way, and then WHUMP! a great big snow fall. It drives people crazy! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

The picture is one of the snow scultures built during our winter carnival. Sorry that's the only picture I found and I don't know the details. Judging by the horns, I would say "Money is the root of all evil."

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
They always told me February is the shortest month of the year, but I still don't believe them. Nope. Time is relative. Just ask Einstein.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts