G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Trains,

Many, many thanks for posting the old westerns website. I just sat there, remembering.... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Les W.

·
Administrator
5,727 Posts
Sure wish they would rerun some of them.
They do on Encore's Westerns Channel. Gene Autry, Bat Masterson, The Big Valley, Maverick, and The Rifleman are on every weeknite. Lotsa good old westerns too with Charles Bronson, Joel McCrea, John Wayne (from the 30's and 40's), Randolf Scott, Alan Ladd - even the occasional Lash La Rue. ;)

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Is it me or has the country gone down hill since the "Duke " died? It seems as we move "forward" into more technology and fast paced times, the "standards" and "values" we once had are disappearing.
Thanks for link Trains, it was great to see some of my Heros again, even if for a breif second. I am not old enough to remember all of those showa and movies, but I did recognize alot of the stars and character actors from reruns. I really miss the "old days".

Thanks again, Stumpy

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have to agree with you Stumpy. I am old enough to remember all those and more, and yes times were simpler then and I miss that. Honesty seems to be a lost trait in the money world, and now it seems like we will all be paying for that for a loooong time. Pretty sad./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

However, my son pointed out that due to the modern technology, we are living longer and more healthy than back in those days. If you will notice, many of those fellows never made it past 60. I don't know if it is a good trade off or not./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif I still miss the old days!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
"And I wouldn't even let a man say 'shucks'."

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Notice on today's TV you are NOT allowed to make any ethnic joke or refer to any gender or "lifestyle" in any way that someone might find derogatory... yet you can portray a man, husband or father as a dolt, idiot, or crude bumbling nincompoop and we all laugh. How come?

G

·
and we all laugh. How come?

because it's the last permitted laugh...
i am glad, to live in a very rednecked part of a very underdeveloped country.
we don't lock cars. in my little super i just note the purchases of the customers in a book, no signature, and once a month they pay up.
we simply still live like in germany during the 50ies or 60ies....
...allthough we got coloured tv and cell-phones. and sometimes, seeing advertizing for creditcards, i am thinking, if i should try out how they work. (maybe i'll get my first next year...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts