G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One would think that with this "BIG" steam up ongoing there would be some feedback, photos and even a video or two on MLS. Especially when there are "friends" and family from the east attending..... kinda of lonely back east with no steam up! Rumors have it that Justin was riding behind his coal fired K27, the prototype 2-10-2 was making the rounds, there was lunch on the Delta King, triple headed AC-11, two GS4-GW's, but nothing to confirm such ongoings....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Charles
All that is true don't know about the lunch on the Delta King.
But all others are confermed Me, Ryan, Justin, Jeff, and Allen(some sherriong locos) put three cabforward front middle, rear on a 50 car reffer block
There were videos taken do not know who has them
Matt

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt
Pass the word that there are steam "junkies" that need to have a post of the sights and sounds of a steam up!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just returned home from the NSS an hour ago (Saturday afternoon).

There was in fact a new world record established for a SP cab-forward lash up with seven locos plus one caboose this afternoon.

There were another two SP cab-forwards at the steamup, but their owners could not be found in time for setting the record.

There was also a simultaneous coal-fired Duchess show with three locos and at least 30 beautiful David Leach passenger cars (three separate trains, not a lash-up). It's hard enough to get ONE 1:32 coal fired loco running, much less three at one time!

This was the best attended NSS ever and with a new 3 loop track, including another 32 mm loop: the busiest in my experience.

The Accucraft SP 2-10-2 debut was really impressive, pulling 40 or so cars with ease for more than 45 min - maybe an hour - probably could have pulled twice that many. This is another loco I can't resist!

Accucraft also showed their soon-to-be-delivered brass refrigerator cars - Cliff said that they would be in the next shipment from China and the catalog price would be (I think) $319. The detail was spectacular. Any of you 1:32 folks should have one or two to put behind the loco of your passenger consist, no matter what the road name!

Accucraft also had their monster D&RGW K-36 live steam prototype unit at the show. Probably could pull a couple people if the track and cars were strong enough!

Sunset Valley also had some new 1:32 heavyweight passenger cars on display that really were very impressive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Charles,
I can confirm most of the rumors as being true. The seven cab-forwards running together was quite a sight!
I can confirm that the coal fired K27 pulled Justin (Ryan has the video to prove it). Other strong pullers included an Aster Berkshire, a three cylinder Accucraft Shay and a double header of Accucraft Superior and Mogul (that was the first time I've ever run two live steamers at once!).
I can confirm that both a Ruby-up and a Shay-up took place.
I'm sure more videos will be posted in the next few days. I've got a few clips in my camera showing the two smallest layouts present at the show. I will edit and post them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any posting of the meet will make a Monday better than the normal start of the work week, thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

it will be later on tonight i will post the rest of the nss steamup i already
post 3 videos on youtube 2 of the cf run an 1 a daylight pulling the accucraft
passenger car set.

sincerely

Casey Wilmunder

·
Registered
22 Posts
My humble photographic offerings are available on my web site at

http://www.45mm.com/events/nss08-thursday/

and

http://www.45mm.com/events/nss08-friday/

Click on the thumbnails to get a larger picture.

After I catch a few winks, I'll upload Saturday's pictures.

\dmc

PS: Connectivity at the hotel was 300-baud modem level and so it was a pain in the caboose to get pictures uploaded at all, no less visit various web forums.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dwight
Thanks for starting the work week off with a visual delight. Seems to have had great attendance and variety of steam items such as the "Ditcher" by Jim Hadden.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Charles et al,
Ryan and I Had the GS4-GWs in good form with 14 Leech coaches.
Largest NSS ever
now we have to deal with the post steamup letdown funk
jim

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
From the (L)East Coast, thanks for the hospitality and putting on such a great show. It was great to put faces to all of the names I've seen over the years. Once I get settled in a bit I'll have some pictures and maybe some video.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim
Remarkable given the economy with a grand turn out for NSS. Ryan spoke well all those at the meet, such as yourself, that made him feel welcome to the left coast. I am pleased that both the GS4-GW ran well. Given that we shipped 8 engines in a large crate on a long road trip via trucking company. I also would like to express gratitude to Jeff and Alan for there hospitality making Ryan feel at home in California.
You think you'll be having a let down, this was one even I had very much wanted to attend but important paper work and presentations this time of the year made it impossible (more state and federal government mandates along with monitoring thereof).
My consolation was this weekend setup the portable in the back yard (95-98 degrees Fri-Sun) in preparation to rebuilding and extending it.
Keep the flow of information coming, still have half the work day to go!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

i forgot im back on dial it will be a couple of weeks once
i get high speed finally was able to convience my mom to get
it .an i will try an combine them into 1 video.i have a couple
of steve blanor's 4-4-0 0r 2-6-0 i forgot which he has pulling
some fright cars.a aster k-4 achol fired i think pulling a couple
aristo craft heavy wieghts.kevin schindler's 7/8n2 locos an cars.
an some more of the cf an daylight.plus some 0 gauge live steam.

i would like to thank everyone for the nice welcome
it was my first time attending with my dad next year
i might look into a cf for the big cf steamup.

sincerely

Casey Wilmunder

·
Registered
210 Posts
I understand from Accucraft a few weeks ago that they were going to show a pilot unlettered example of the new 1/32 AAR 40' boxcar at Sacremento.
Did it actually break cover, or did it suffer from the shyness and stage fright that seems to afflict all of the reluctant debutantes that emerge from the Accucraft family?

David M-K
Ottawa

1 - 20 of 20 Posts