G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw something here when I replied to a thread about hiring on NS. Man they must be hard up as they sure like to fire folks in a hart beat. I'd take my chances with any other road than them. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gifLater RJD

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Even the Big New Santa Fe?
What, did Krebs go to NS?

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
RJ,

I didn't like the culture there, and left after about 6 months. Actually, it really only took 3 months to realize that NS wasn't a place for me, but took another 3 months to get a good replacement job! I even had someone call me up to ask why I had left, after I had left!! I guess they aren't used to people up and quitting.

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I was still working and doing my thing a lot of the NS folks were unhappy. They sure did like to get rid of folks also. Not quite like the other roads. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
RJ,

I think I actually saw this poster in the CEO's office when we did the tour:

By the way, your title is misleading. I think you meant recruitment.... unless Misty Mae is also going to work for the RR.

Mark

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
NS apparently is the pits as en employer. The service is provided when they feel like it. If you're lucky, they come to switch once a week -- maybe!! The crews are definitely unhappy campers. But the stock keeps going up in value!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.