G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Getting our home built so maybe we can start playing with trains again!
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our's have been cast, Martha before work and now mine, so now all we can do is sit back and wait. Hope everyone out there that has been afforded the Rights to do so, exercises them in proper fashion.

Being here in Viginia, this is a very meaningful vote for us this year considering that not only were several of the Founding Fathers from this area but the ground work for this ability in this country was laid in the general area. What an honor it is , IMHPO, that we have.

Finally, Just remember that....... you can't complain about things if you didn't vote.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Already mailed mine in a couple of weeks ago, as did the rest of the family...
They're predicting an 85% turnout here in AZ.
Glad I'll miss the lines.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Given I usually start work before the polls open, I will be going later this afternoon. I'm planning on leaving about hour early so I can beat the traffic and the projected afterwork lines. Lots of things to vote on other than just president, gotta get my "yes" vote in for the "High Speed Rail" initiative! More Trains!:D

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Melony and I participated in early voting at the local firehouse last Thursday.. Waited in line for over an hour and a half.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I like going to the polls as well. Was there just before they opened this morning. Met two new neighbors of mine and the chatter in line was great. Really made me feel like I was participating in something really important. VOTE!
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Got out there and voted this morning first thing.

Mark

PS Starbucks has free 12 oz coffee today.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Took just a little over an hour, but voted with my son. It was his first official election. Way back in 1992 we voted together for the first time. Went to the polling place behind the house which was his elementary school. Cast my ballot and waited for him to cast his in the kids area. They used pictures of candidates on the kid ballots. He was four then. He had to sign his name and was so proud of doing that that he showed it to me. His signature was more legible than mine has ever been.

Please take the time to vote. Well worth the little effort. Like somebody said earlier you just might meet new neighbors, get to know them and have some great conversations.

Get out and vote. Our children are putting their lives on the line so we can vote. How many will be killed or wounded today?

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
I haven't missed going to the polls and voting for for 34 years. First time I had to wait in line. Took about 1/2 hour. Great to see the so many people exercising their right to vote.

Tommy

Rio Gracie

"Vote early and vote often"

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I always thought it was; "If you don't vote, GET OUT!"

I voted about 10 this morning and the poll workers out numbered the voters 3 to 1.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
I got to the polls about 5 minutes before they opened morning and was third in line.
Talked with some friends while waiting. Voted then we all went out for morning coffee.
So everyone get out and vote.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
The one thing more important than who you vote for is the right to vote and advocate for the candidate of your choice. The country will survive if the "opposition" wins but will not long endure if the right to make your own choice is abandoned or abrogated. I too urge everyone to vote...even those of you that will vote "wrong"! ;)

My ballot went in a couple of weeks ago. Oregon votes by mail.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Was voter #1 in my precinct this morning. I had to come to work a half hour late, but that's a sacrifice one has to make.
And don't worry, Richard I voted right.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Walked over to the firehouse and did that first thing this morning. There were some people there, but no line.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The wife and I voted Oct. 15th. First day of early voting here in Tenn. Though we got there early, we were still 4th in line, and by the time the doors opened there were quite a few more behind us. I just hope those that vote, put at least a little time understanding what they are voting for, and not some of those on TV who were voting and didn't even who the candidates were, but sure knew who Judge Judy was. That's sad!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Princess, Fiona, Sugar and I all voted early. My uncle Scrooge McDuck, Donald and Mickey Mouse are voting today. I think the Dallas coboys lineup voted early and in multiple places at the same time. Personally, I registered 73 times at 35 precints.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts