G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend, a big G-scaler, Costa Lazzaretti, has passed away, and his kids have asked me, to help them with Costa's large collection of mainly LGB G-scale trains and accessories. They have asked me to help them sell it, and I thought people here would want to know about it, especially because I am sure some of you knew Costa from Conventions and LGB events around the world. There are more than 185 engines and cars, lots of track and accessories. The sale can be found by using the search terms "iGavel trains." Prices start at $10.00. The sale ends on Dec 22, 2021. I hope it is okay to send you the link, if not, I understand if you remove it. Auction search results on iGavel Auctions

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone else bid on items in this auction?
What was your service like?

I did and got an email right after the close I won several lots, but no invoice or shipping details.
I called them today and the lady said O you bid on trains, I will get back to you later today.
No surprise I haven't heard a thing.

·
Premium Member
6,529 Posts
and got an email right after the close I won several lots
I also won a bid, and I mailed [email protected] shortly afterwards, and was told their Fedex shipper was out for a week so the shipping quotes were delayed, Greg sent me an invoice with a shipping price a few days later and it specified that any lots under $5,000 would be charged to the credit card on file. That was last week and I haven't seen a charge yet.

There was a lot of stuff in that auction and they will have to pack and ship it all, so I expect it will take weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did anyone else bid on items in this auction?
What was your service like?

I did and got an email right after the close I won several lots, but no invoice or shipping details.
I called them today and the lady said O you bid on trains, I will get back to you later today.
No surprise I haven't heard a thing.
Thank you for the post! That is not how it should be working! All who bid and have not heard anything back, please send me your invoice and contact info privately to my business email at [email protected], and I will get this taken care of immediately! I am back from my break, and can help resolve all of these problems, Greg Brown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also won a bid, and I mailed [email protected] shortly afterwards, and was told their Fedex shipper was out for a week so the shipping quotes were delayed, Greg sent me an invoice with a shipping price a few days later and it specified that any lots under $5,000 would be charged to the credit card on file. That was last week and I haven't seen a charge yet.

There was a lot of stuff in that auction and they will have to pack and ship it all, so I expect it will take weeks.
Thanks for your kind post about this too. If you have not had it resolved, please contact me privately at my business email address, [email protected], and I will get it processed properly personally. Sincerely, Greg Brown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like I am taking a trip to New Braunfels, Texas.
They want just over $1000 for packing and shipping to the Branson Mo. area.
If I drive down and pick it up it will only be $150 for what is already packaged.
I bought one lot that was mostly pictures and they want $150 just for the box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like I am taking a trip to New Braunfels, Texas.
They want just over $1000 for packing and shipping to the Branson Mo. area.
If I drive down and pick it up it will only be $150 for what is already packaged.
I bought one lot that was mostly pictures and they want $150 just for the box.
Intersting! This is the first time I have had them do the invoicing and shipping arrangements for me with my auctions through them. I am not too surprised about the huge shipping costs at this time in history though, however, I am not sure exactly what you bought. Most of the boxes for the buildings are going to be quite large, so if you bought buildings, that is likely part of the issue. When I used to have my importing business and Asian art and antiques gallery in Minneapolis, shipping Asian art and antiques back from Asia, I would pay about $3,000 - $4,500 for a 40' container, plus costs for the agent and some times duties. Today, those containers are apparently at least $30,000+, plus the added costs! I closed that business in 2006, which was a while ago, but still! Shipping costs are out of control. You can easily arrange the pick up by calling in to iGavel, they will be happy to accommodate you on that, and it sure makes sense to me to make the drive in that case. There was another client who also wanted to pick up the the lot(s) he won - it was no problem. Sincerely, Greg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts