G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
609 Posts
Gang,
I doubt I'll be able to make this trip -- though I sure wish I could./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif" border=0>
But I wanted to add my voice to the cries of "Go! Go! If you POSSIBLY can!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif" border=0>
SWMBO & I rode the C&T back in 'aught-5' (2005!) And we STILL occasionally turn to each other and say "Hey, remember the XXXX on that trip?" (Insert any of many favorite scenes, smells, characters, SCENERY, engineers who cooked ribs on the trip, cowboys herding cattle, beaver dams, strange hidden memorials, fresh trout dinners, and talk with Friends of the C&T till the late hours, with maybe a BIT too much wine, but talk with all the horns and hooves left on, about why they loved this railroad, and why they spent their own money, time, and skinned knuckles to keep it running and continually being renovated!
In other words, it will be one those trips of a lifetime, simply because You'll Never Forget It!
And how many things in this world of ephemeral and plastic-coated events can you say that about?
GO.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.