G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

Does the Northeast Narrow Gauge 1:20 four wheel trolley/streetcar have strait- vertical or tumbledown sides?

Thanks-

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
It has a tumbledown in the shape of a gently coved piece of wood used for the lower cabin wall. I have 2 of these NIB, havent built them but I have gone over the instructions and parts list.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to pick up for under $20 one of the old old OLD versions of this kit (1:24 scale on 32mm/O track) while in NY last week. Sure enough, the instruction sheet dates to the 1980s.

It is a wonderful box of wood, nails, wire, castings and at one time held together by now dry-rotted rubber bands! Should be a neat kit to build, I will built mine in O gauge as a trailer for my Mamod.

Vic, is yours a 1:20 kit or 1:24? I wonder if they actually upsized it? I always had the idea of using discared horse cars/trams for passenger equipment as a few lines have in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another neat bit, the "artwork" on the box consists of stamps and a color photograph. Had a price list for some other kits in there too.

Wish I still had their 1986 catalog. I am sure it is in a box somewhere in Ohio in dad's basement.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By Spule 4 on 08/22/2008 9:42 PM
I wonder if they actually upsized it? I always had the idea of using discared horse cars/trams for passenger equipment as a few lines have in the past.

like these? -

-Brian

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly. Once horse cars were no longer vogue, they found alternate uses. Nice photo BTW Brian!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Mine are the same as yours, 1/24 on O track, I was just going to widen the underframe and use Bachmann small diameter wheels.

I never intended to power mine, they were going to be passenger cars.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, when do you want to start building them? :)

Actually, I do have a spare set of Bachmann small wheels, leftover from my NENG boxcar kit. I did not use the big plated wheels that came with the kit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know this is an old thread but would any of you have the plans you would be willing to share?
I would like to build one of these and motorize it with the horses of course.:eek:

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Good luck on finding plans, I would guess the enclosed part to be 12 ft, for a total of 17-18 ft long,
Think you have a good idea, that would look cool. Tom DeGeere did a stagecoach and horses, it was different but cool. Tom used the powered trucks from a aristo, LiL Critter type powered trucks.
it has great potential.
Dennis

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dennis
I think I gave Julie and Idea on the layout so I wont have to build the Diamond Cross maby?
We will try to layout some track tomorrow after noon.
If it works for her I will have to make a trolley for her town.
Jim

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
I know this is an old and older thread, but I was offered a rail truck and trolley by the grandson of a modeller who passed away a while ago. Turned out they were Northeast Narrow Gauge kits, built up. The trolley says "Northeast Narrow Gauge" in the sign board, so I wonder if that was supplied or bought as a built-up kit.

Which lead me to the Tin Lizzy Crafts page of Michelle in Luxembourg:

https://www.michelle.lu/tlc001.html
Where you can peruse the 1989 catalog. This is the trolley page.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts