G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is not a single LGB stainz engine for sale on eBay.com.
I thought these were like cockroaches and were everywhere !
I have one, that will do, oh and you would never guess the color- green !

Andrew

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Not all say "Stainz" in the listing, use a little creativity, search within G for 0-4-0, engine, loco, locomotive, and the various 20xx numbers.

Now, if I could just find two junkers in my price range so I can build me a 2-4-4-0 logger..... (OK they were used more in places like New Zealand, but I still want one)

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Somewhat true. The last couple of years there seemed to be many more Stainz locos and starter sets. Especially at better prices than lately. I increased my roster of Stainz locos substantially.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Yes, but the $30 runner days seem to be over.

I have done better with LGB on Craigslist actually.........

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I never thought of Craigs list. I'll check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
but Craigs list is a PITA[/b] to search...

Then you shouldn't be searching in that place if it hurts

I tried Craigs list for LGB. I don't think it was worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Madman on 04/14/2009 5:51 AM

Hmm, I have found quite the opposite? Got a whole car load of stuff last fall for $150......

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Posted By Spule 4 on 04/15/2009 5:15 PM
Posted By Madman on 04/14/2009 5:51 AM

Hmm, I have found quite the opposite? Got a whole car load of stuff last fall for $150......

Depends on where you live. There's jack sh#t local to here (people around here are into quads, crap-err craft shows, and sports, not choo-choos), and there is NO master search, so you have to go area by area...

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Local is not always a problem, you can get some that will ship, I got a nice deal out of Florida last month without a hitch. Most LGB is up north or west unfortunately, excluding FL and GA...Snowbirds!!

I hit most of the larger metro areas while looking for a few other items, I have about four searches for each....heck, anyone selling a decent W124 300TE Merc south of the "Mason Dixon" please PM me....:)

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
"jack sh#t"

By the way, that Jack guy always seems to come up smelling like roses

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Mik -
I can't seem to get an email through to your verizon address. Please send an email directly to billmart_ok(at)yahoo.com

To others on this site, my apologizes for sending personal messages via a public site.

Bill M.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Go to a search engine like google then type in the item you are looking for then add the word Craigslist and a lot comes up nationally. Like having master search....that's what i do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts