Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I'm dense, but I'm having an awful time figuring this sign out:

Perhaps, "don't put your ear to the rail to listen for the train?"

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
It is an ADA Compliant Sign for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired.

It means There are Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDDs)available.

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Tom,

I would have thought that the Metra site would have some kind of info about their signage, but no luck. While I was responding, several others posted the answer...

Mark

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thomas,

It is also used to indicate an "induction loop" for deaf people with a hearing aid (T position) or with a cocleal implant -like me!!!!

regards

ralph

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is the sign new to the United States? It has been in use in the UK for many years now. It is usually colored red and white, not blue.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it means "Facillities for the deaf."

I knew somebody would know:D

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Posted By Spule 4 on 09/09/2008 5:02 PM
I thought it was a warning to protect my incandescent lightbulbs from javelin attack.....

ROFLAO!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

Whatever you're drinking, please send me some!

Les W.

G

·
0 Posts
Posted By Les on 09/11/2008 8:00 PM
Posted By Spule 4 on 09/09/2008 5:02 PM
I thought it was a warning to protect my incandescent lightbulbs from javelin attack.....

ROFLAO!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif" border=0> /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif" border=0> /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif" border=0>
Whatever you're drinking, please send me some!
Les W.

nahhh, that's just Garrett! that is too funny! Look out Edison, the Greenies are coming!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts