Discussion Starter #1
delete please

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dwight

man!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure knocked the pedistol out from under you.

I made a couple of runby videos today,being there was no wind and the RR had greened up.
But the dang Youtube loaded up my clips but would not finish them. I tried a number of sizes.
The coal train behind the BigBOy and behind the D9s.
Somedays this computer just takes the fun out of it.

Heres the new route to the Highline which now creats a wye to turn trains or go on up to the loop.

coal train coming into the terminal. just not enough room. plus I'd love to enlarge all my curves.

Some day I'll have a large RR.
One last thing, the USAT Bigboy (atless on my RR) does NOT like to go backwards. pushing a train or much of anything. I got the track so she'll go around well and trust worth on main 1. but back wards no way. it pushes the tender trucks off easy.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Nice job on your terminal Marty. Your bushes are a lot greener than mine are up this way [ No green yet], just the alberta spruce are green. My stepables[green carpet ground cover] really turned brown this winter so hoping they will turn green again. Looks like they are starting to slowly. I finaly got my 2 free Union Pacific coal cars after I purchased 8 of them. [buy 4 get 1 free deal, GREAT!!!] Haven't got them out to the tracks yet tho. That gives me 12 total. Still need to get metal wheels for 10 of them also. Also will try to make some coal loads for 10 of them. I bought 2 loads.
Looks like alot of changes to your Railroad since I was there. Would like to make it there this year again in Sept. Where in Omaha can I get styrene like you got to make train cars, ect.? I'm on vacation May 3rd to the 11th and will proably get to Omaha that week some time. Proably the first part of the week.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 04/27/2008 7:42 PM

Heres the new route to the Highline which now creats a wye to turn trains or go on up to the loop.
coal train coming into the terminal. just not enough room. plus I'd love to enlarge all my curves. Some day I'll have a large RR.

Nice terminal ! Wish I had that much space for such a set-up. Something to work towards, I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leon
you should call ahead to make sure some of it is in stock.
Midwest Plastics, inc they have web site.
6460 So 84th st
Omaha NE 68127
402-339-1226
white high impact polystyrene .125 x48x96,,,,.060 x 40 x 72, they may cut it in half for you. 1/8" can not be rolled.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Marty, that is yard is flat fantastic. Can't wait to see it loaded up with trains. How long is each yard track?

The wye looks great too. Looks like you're adding a lot of options to operations now.

And as to your remark "Some day I'll have a large RR.".....well, if that ain't large, I don't know what is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts