G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Got the all clear form the CFO and unless my mother throws a wrench in the works when I get home to change clothes and pack a train up I'll be headed up tonight for the WNYGRS meeting. Hope to meet Leftyfret guy (matt) and a few others. Honestly I'm wondering if I'll recognize any of them from my days working at Niagara Hobby & Craft?

Chas

·
Registered
6 Posts
I AM A MEMBER ALSO OF WNYGRS AND I CANT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS CLUB. WE DO TWO TRAINS SHOWS A YEAR AND LAYOUTS AT THE BUFFALO BOTANICAL GARDENS AND HAMBURG FAIR IN AUGUST. OUR PAST PRESIDENT IS FROM FORT ERIE AND TRYS TO COME TO EVERY MEETING. WE USUALLY MEET ONCE A MONTH AND HAVE FOUR OR FIVE PUBLIC OPEN HOUSES OF MEMBERS LAYOUT. OUR WEBSITE IS WNYGRS.COM

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
My live steam track will be available for running from 10am to 4pm Saturday May 15 at Ridge Road Station.
For those unfamiliar the outer line is 6' radius dual gauge 32/45mm and the inner loop is 5' radius 45mm.
Anyone in the area is welcome to join in the fun.
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Another excuse to miss RRS train races but a good one...I'll be recovering from some minor surgery this weekend. Can't make the WNYGRS meeting either, same excuse. Already have June's meeting on my calendar though.

Chas

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
My live steam track is set up at Ridge Road Station and available for steaming Saturday. Hopefully some visitors will bring locos to run.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man, I wish these clubs had been around when I was in WNY... the only one then was the Central G scalers.. or something like that.

I was a member of the Niagara Frontier Live Steamers until I moved from Arcade to Harrisburg PA.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Hello? Is anyone still there? DW and I going to be in Olafub the last week of August 2010 and I'm wondering if there are any large scalers in WNY who'll let me trample their posies and see their garden railroad(s). Or any other kinda trains.

BTW, didn't Sid Ceasar and Imogene Coca also do "Niagara Falls?"

Also, does any understand and remember Olafub?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts