G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes!
I live within 15 miles of the falls. (speaking of, did you see there was another guy that went over the falls this week and survived - naked!!!) Anyway, I belong to the WNYGRS and it is a fun group with a lot of helpful people. The guys in Rochester are a great bunch too, watch out though they will infect you with the live steam bug!
If you are interested, the WNYGRS is have a meeting this week. We meet in West Seneca. If you are from Ontario and think that is too far, contact our president. He lives in Ft. Erie.
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
OK near but not so close! About an hour and half south of the Falls and really close to the PA border. LOL! Near Olean at this point.

Chas

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol i'm already bit by the live steam bug building a live steam rob roy ,but making it into a 2-6-2T.I live in port colborne about 15min from fort erie

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll have to see what it will take to get over the boarder now i ani't got a passport yet or that new licenses

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Posted By scooby on 03/22/2009 7:10 AM
i'll have to see what it will take to get over the boarder now i ani't got a passport yet or that new licenses

yeah, thats an issue for me too..
my wife grew up in North Tonawanda (north side of Buffalo)
and we cross the border to Niagara Falls 2 or 3 times a year..

but this year, our visits will probably stop. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

we dont have passports either..and the new "passport card" isnt much less expensive..

It doesnt go in effect until June 1st though:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

so you should still be ok in May! ;)

Scot

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Scooby

I'm on your side of the border. Ridgeroad is great. You need a passport now. There is a club operating in the region. I'll send you an email.

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Posted By Robert on 03/24/2009 9:52 AM
Scooby

I'm on your side of the border. Ridgeroad is great. You need a passport now. There is a club operating in the region. I'll send you an email.

Robert

Me too? Please?

Chas

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Posted By Robert on 03/24/2009 9:52 AM

You need a passport now.

Technically not yet..
you dont need a passport until June 1st..
but thats getting very close..

Scot

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I am a member of the Central Ontario Garden Railroad Association. Great people, but then again this hobby generally seems to attract interesting and personable people. Send me an off line email if you want additional information about COGRA.

Robert

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well as i type this I'm waiting for a call from the rest of the board members on getting the Niagara railway museum set up here in Port Coborne

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will you finally have a museum site thats open to the public? Any chance of getting that tank engine down this way? What about restoring for operation???? good luck with the museum!
by the way, the Western New York Garden Railway Soceity meets on the 15th.
Matt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well thats the plan is to set up here in Port Colborne and get open to the public and yes the plan is to get the the 46 and 102 down here
here's our site by the way nfrm.ca

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Scooby -

I live in Reston, Virginia, now (near Washington, DC) but I grew up in Medina, in Orleans County - about a half-hour away to the east. Still have many friends in the area - know it well and visit often.

Jack Thompson

a.k.a. "Big65Dude"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts