G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a site selected for the 2019 National Garden Railroad Convention?

"Enquiring minds want to know.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I haven't been able to find anything on it, I'm surprised no selection has been made. Its possible no one has yet made a bid for it, but being 3 years away I would think they would need to start planning now

edit: There is a reference on the NGRC 2016 site that Portland put in a bid for 2019

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
So, there is GRRers in Portland???? LOL

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Marty,
The Rose City club has been around for a long time. I have visited some really nice layouts in the area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope Paul Burch's railroad is on the convention layout tour. I'll even drive over to the next state to see those SP diesels in person! :>)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Mikie,
Just noticed your post. I won't be on the tour as far as I know, but you are certainly welcome to visit anytime.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Just saw this post. Yes, Portland, Oregon. The Rose City Garden Railway Society (rcgrs.com) has been around for years. Over 100 members, most fairly active. Lots of really great layouts. The club hosts a big layout tour each year with around 25 layouts open. Typically get over 500 visitors to each layout. Very popular. Several social activities each month.
Make plans now to attend the convention in 2019.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
The NGRC2019 Portland, OR booth will be next to the NGRC2018 Atlanta booth in Tulsa NRGC2017. Please stop by and check it out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Friends,
While in Tulsa, check out 2018 booth for Atlanta and the 2019 booth for Portland. I'm helping with the Atlanta convention (although I did not make it to Tulsa) and we have some great train rides, ice cream social, and BBQ planned. Portland has a great web page and looks like they have some big plans as well. While in Tulsa, make plans for 2018 & 2019!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
September 4-8, 2019. We will have pre-convention tours in Southern Oregon on Tuesday and post convention tours in the Puget Sound area. So far about 32 layouts open during the convention. Also, operation sessions, in-depth construction clinics, and, of course, don't forget about riding behind SP 4449 to the BBQ. There will only be 800 tickets for the BBQ, and we anticipating them going very fast. Registration for what is looking like the last National Garden Railway Convention opens September 2018. Mark your calendars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts