G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Model train manufacturer Bachmann Industries, Inc. is pleased to welcome Jack Lynch as their new communications manager. Jack's background includes duties as design engineer with Product Dynamics Ltd., product development director at MTH Electric Trains and marketing manager for LGB of America. Jack is a native of the Philadelphia suberbs and attended college at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. He has more than 25 years of product development and management experience in the toy and hobby industry."

Folks here and on other Large Scale forums may know Jack by the screen name "Bucksco."

All the best in your new post, Jack!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Me thinks it certainly is a better deal for him.

Good for him and good luck.

In the grand scheme of things - he certainly beat the odds! Think of it, getting a job in this economy in a hobby that isn't exactly at the

top of the food chain. PLUS - he is in a job that he must assuredly love...I mean, .how many wouldn't want to work in a hobby like this.

All the toy trains you could EVER want to play with....

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And one of the "fitting" things about Jack is he enjoys all scales and always maintains a cool and reserved presence under pressure. A good man for Bachmann, and I look forward to working with him in my capacity with O Gauge Railroading magazine, where we cover both O gauge (Williams by Bachmann) and On30.

·
Registered
58 Posts
From what the things people are saying about ARISTOCRAFT:

http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/4/postid/75502/view/topic/Default.aspx

TOO BAD, they DIDN'T hire Jack.

Looks like they need Jack in Aristo's tech support, or service department to fix all THEIR problems.

Did Marklin FIRE jack?

What happened to ALL the other LGB people?

Did Marklin KEEP some, and let others GO?

I would like to KNOW how Marklin treats their employees, so I know HOW to treat THEM in SALES, once they start shipping.

Jack,

How is Bachmann treating you?

Better than LGB?

How did Marklin treat you?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jack,

There are 3 things you need to do RIGHT NOW,

1) fix the GEAR problem on ALL Railtrucks (too long of screws).

2) put BARRY BIG TRAIN MOTORS in ALL engines, period.

3) get rid of ELMER in the service department, he thought my PLASTIC SHAY, was rusted, PLASTIC does NOT rust (that was weathered paint/chalk), if he doesn't know that, he has NO business working on anyones trains.

Thank you, Jack

Good luck on your NEW job.

At least you are doing better than the BIG 3 auto makers.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Always have liked Jack Lynch, even though I couldn't get him to slip me one of the PIKO starter loco's for "beta battery/rc testing"....He'll have plenty of work ahead of him in Philly...

can hear it now "Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It.....is to locate and out Durango Dan"

sorry I couldn't resist, congrats Jack!

cale

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Congrats Jack!! I know you will give Bachmann all of the expertise and enthusiasm that you demonstrated at LGB. I look forward to seeing the results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts