G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any resolutions for the new year?  I do.  I resolve to keep MLS more up to date and on the cutting edge!

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Well None really difinate.   I just like starting off with a new clean slate.   I just hope to be able to work on my train more often.,

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I have two, first finish the kitchen backsplash which will complete my honydo list for the new year, second, start building my railroad.

chuckger

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Yup first time in a long time! To eat healthier and to lose some weight. Get to the gym more often and be more active. Spend less time sitting on my butt!

Chas

·
Registered
46 Posts
I learned a valuable lesson while volunteering with our church high school group last year.  I'll spare all the details, but the lesson was to "be intentional."

If you care about someone, let them know.  If you appreciate something that somebody has done in your life, let them know.  Go help your neighbor - today.  We have no guarantee for tomorrow, we have today to make it the best!

To borrow the old saying, "We judge others by their actions, but we tend to judge ourselves by our intentions".  We all get caught in the trap of saying to ourselves, "I meant to go help", or "I sure appreciate so-and-so" but we just don't follow all the way through to put our intentions into actions.

This is my continued resolution, to act rather than just intend to act.

All the Best to All of You This New Year!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have too many left over from year's past.:D

I'll make some up when I get more time (Not holding my breath)!

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Yes,

I decided that I need to make flossing part of my daily routine (so you can call it a NYR).  Also, I want to get an old live steam engine running and off my shelf. 

Mark

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I don't know about it being a resolution, but I intend to get myself in better physical condition.  Wifey, commented the other day, that while in the YMCA swimming pool, it looked like I had let my upper body start to resemble the "Michlin Tire guy."   The first step will be to cut back on portion sizes and snacks while on chat.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Very funny Dan. What's the old joke, "this whole internet thingy is just a passing fad!" Did you ever read the on-line comic After the Y2K leading up to it. Some of it was very clever.

G

·
I resolve to buy 4 more 70 ton hoppers to complete my coal train, build 5 new PIKO buildings to complete my town, finish the mine spur, and switch yard on my outdoor layout and get all the planting done before our club's March meeting at our house.  For the rest of the year?....I resolve to lose 30 pounds and start running again.

Ed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts