21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Woa! Gene is definitely raising the bar here/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

That guy's terriffic. I love the glasses.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By geno6309 on 01/06/2008 3:39 PM

Thought I'd better get my entry in while I was thinking about it.

Wee Willy goes in the self portrait category.  He was built using the Chris Walas technique, meaning Sculpy over an aluminum foil armature. 

Now THAT'S impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Posted By geno6309 on 01/14/2008 8:51 AM
Thank you for the positive comments. I think I've demonstrated here that the self image I sometimes carry in my head doesn't quite match the image I carry on my aching feet.
Thanks again
Gene Walker

Now, is that what psychiatrists call "cognative desonance"?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hello Richard

Would it be possible to get another added delay to the contest ?     I know, I know, I sound a bit like when I was in school......./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif     But for once, I am on the right way with this project, I would like to finish and present it........    The head is done , the body is positioned and filling up.     But I won't have enough time to detail and paint it for the 25th.......    So a bit more time would be welcomed....

Thanks, Gaétan

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Posted By Gaetan from Montreal on 01/22/2008 9:22 AM
Hello Richard

Would it be possible to get another added delay to the contest ?     I know, I know, I sound a bit like when I was in school......./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif     But for once, I am on the right way with this project, I would like to finish and present it........    The head is done , the body is positioned and filling up.     But I won't have enough time to detail and paint it for the 25th.......    So a bit more time would be welcomed....

Thanks, Gaétan

Gaetan,
 Let us know how much time you need, and we will get a general consencus from the rest of the entrants.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Maybe it will be a Valentine's contest? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Posted By BnEgscale on 01/22/2008 8:36 PM
I'm done so it doesn't matter to me what the deadline is. The idea of prompting more people to do figures is the most important part of this.

Bob

Unless I hear otherwise from other entrants, I'm going to extend the deadline to Feb 1s and Feb 7 will be the cutt of on scoring pieces.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Hello all!

I finally got enough time away from the hospital (Dad's surgery) and work to post these. I'm grateul for the extensions.

My nine-year-old daughter suggested a while back that she would like it if I made a sculpture of the two of us. She loves to fish, so I thought that could be the subject.

I had no idea how small her head would be in 1:20.3!

Anyway, last night (before the pictures were taken, of course) my seven-year-old broke the cane pole I had carved out of butternut. I figured if I waited until I carved another it would never get posted, so instead I am holding a broken stick in our picture.:rolleyes: I told her that it was a fantasy scene, not just because we were wearing turn of the century clothes, but because she was worming her own hook, something she has never done.:)
I kept hoping it would get warm enough to take the pic at the neighbor's pond, but that never happened./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/doze.gif
These two would never have been born if it weren't for the time Chris Walas took to post his instructions.;)

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.