G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is R Kapuaala's figure contest.

I've collected all the entries here: http://www.outsidetrains.com/mls/NYfigures08.html I went back to the archive to see if I've missed anything.

-------------------------

Thanks Tom, that is very handy indeed. BTW, I noticed after reviewing a few of the entries that they do not meet all the requirements of the entries. There are some fine entries that I would NOT like to see disqualified because they don't meet the complete description of an entry.

I would also like to invite folks to begine scoring.
Remember, we need to use a 10 point vote system 1 being interesting 10 being interesting,
technically challenging,
artistically pleasing,
original,
Captures the holiday theme
People scoring the sculptures would need to qualify their scores with a brief description of how they arrived at their numerical value.
I know that sounds a little anal, but I want to be as fair as possible to all entries.

----

The rules:
[*]The contest will be from today, till January 25th and judging ends January 31st [*]The contestants must not be Chris Wallas or anyone who produces commercial figures or anyone related to me by marriage or blood [*]To enter you must post an image of your best seasonal figure (Xmas, hanaka, qwanza, makahiki, etc...) or your best self portrait to this topic. [*]All entries must include a short description of the materials used, the season they represent or why the contestant feels it is a good likeness of themselves. [*]Any entry lacking the appropriate description will have 10 points shaved off their over all score. [*]Contestants may enter no more than 3 figures [*]Judges will be anyone who reads this topic whether they be animal, vegetable or mineral [*]Judges will rate each image and assign a value of 1 - 10 based on what ever critera you want to use as long as there are no zeros, because in my own opinion there are not zeros where art is concerned. [*]It would be nice if judges explain why they are giveing a certain score to a piece [*]Judges must use the quote option when judging a piece so there can be no confusion what piece they are judging [*]Contestantants may not judge their own pieces [*]On January 25th  I will review all entries and votes, add them up, and then announce the winner on this topic by January 31st . [/list]

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Voting ends Jan 11.

Better hurry and get your entry done/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think you have to withdraw if you haven't made an entry.

Hope you're feeling better or the birthdays might not be much fun.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Y, I added your new lady to the web page. I'll change it when you get better photos and the baby gives you a chance :D

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Woa! Gene is definitely raising the bar here/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

That guy's terriffic. I love the glasses.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Maybe it will be a Valentine's contest? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
It's voting time!

All the entries are at http://www.outsidetrains.com/mls/NYfigures08.html

A summary of the rules:

1. Even if you entered a figure, you can judge, you just can't judge your own.
2. The only people excluded from judging are Jack and myself.
3. Judges have to use a 10 point judging system. No negative points
4. You can judge 1 or all of the entries
5. You must include the name of the entry, the points you are giving the entry and a brief (or long) explanation on why you think this person deserves those points.
6. Judging will be conducted over a 7 day period and Jack and I will tally the points, deducted any from entries that don't meet the guidelines discussed previously and announce the first and second place winners 4 days after the judging stops.

Glad I thought to make a page. None have been lost in the server disaster and recovery.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
How to score? Well, I can't quite bring myself to take points off, so everybody starts with a 5 and I'll add points for things I like.

1 BnEgscale - Christmas engagement on park bench.  8
+1 for cute scene
+1 for seasonal theme
+1 for explaining techniques

2 BnEgscale - Santa on a train 7
+1 for seasonal theme
+1 for natural pose

3 Gaétan - Air guitar 10 /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif
+1 for self portrait
+1 for exelent sculpting
+1 for nuttyness
+1 for realistic pose
+1 for explaining technique, but you might have to see the old forum

4 Gene Walker - Gene Walker 9
+1 for self portrait
+1 for great likeness
+1 for the glasses
+1 for matching outfit

5 Flattracker - Engine crew 5

6 Matt Vogt - Fishing with daughter 7
+1 for self portrait
+1 for daughter's portrait

7 Rick Raively - Snoopy and Woodstock 6 - I love "Peanuts"
+1 for seasonal theme

8 Torby - Christmas Carolers
Na... I'm not going to give that brat a score/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif

9 Torby - Whose birthday is it, anyhow?
That guy again?

10 Yolanda 8
+1 Seasonal
+1 Incredible beard
+1 Great detail on costume

11 Yolanda - Mrs Clause 7
+1 Seasonal
+1 Overall Mrs. Clause appearance

I feel like I zonked Flattracker/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.