G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Ughh! Are we scoring already? I was under the impression that we had until 1/16/08 to post an entry, so I assumed (I know:cool:)  that we wouldn't begin voting until then. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Hello all!

I finally got enough time away from the hospital (Dad's surgery) and work to post these. I'm grateul for the extensions.

My nine-year-old daughter suggested a while back that she would like it if I made a sculpture of the two of us. She loves to fish, so I thought that could be the subject.

I had no idea how small her head would be in 1:20.3!

Anyway, last night (before the pictures were taken, of course) my seven-year-old broke the cane pole I had carved out of butternut. I figured if I waited until I carved another it would never get posted, so instead I am holding a broken stick in our picture.:rolleyes: I told her that it was a fantasy scene, not just because we were wearing turn of the century clothes, but because she was worming her own hook, something she has never done.:)
I kept hoping it would get warm enough to take the pic at the neighbor's pond, but that never happened./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/doze.gif
These two would never have been born if it weren't for the time Chris Walas took to post his instructions.;)

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Hey Jack!
Thanks. I have some other recent figures I hope to post soon. Hope to see you in chat soon...

Hi Bob!
I can't get the Sculpy out anymore without hearing at least one of the three (4,7,9 yrs) saying 'Daddy, can I make something, too?'
Emalyn (subject currently in question) has made several scultures, including a bird w/ nest and eggs, penguin, ballerina, heart and dog. She's very talented. I'll be posting them ASAP.

Thanks, Y. I love your work!

Thanks, Tom! You're one that got me started on this portion of our fantastic hobby - seeing all of your great ideas you bring to life.
    (I can show her because she's only nine:rolleyes:)

Thank you Richard!  I wasn't sure how the butternut would weather, anyway, so I think I'll make the next one out of cedar. I found that the wife's hair looked like scale fishing line./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif
The figures will eventually be used in a turn of the century layout, so I didn't have much luck in the way of matching. I found that those are about the only brown pants I own. You can't really tell from that shot, but  the figure's hair is also braided. I asked, but she doesn't have a pink dress anyhthing like the figure's. Besides, it was about 20 degrees, so I'm not sure she would have had the right attitude. ;) In hind sight, I like your idea, and wish I had taken the pics with the figures in one of the chairs.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Nice figures, Bob! Lot's of character;)
I haven't made one for my Climax, yet but if it's anything like the engineer I made for the Connie, he will have to be a contortionist!:D   I understand your lack of feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.