G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Hello all, If its all right with everyone, I would like to change the deadline for entries. I would like to do this because:

1. The site has changed and all the past post appear to be archived.
2. Some folks want more time (Understandable)
3. The original rules were modified some what (The word figure should refer to a Large Scale sculpture which can contain 1 or more figures as well as props)
4. There isn't enough time to judge the final entries in the orginal rules

With that in mind, I am going to set the final date for entries at January 25th Judging will be done at anytime, but will end January 31st. Jack and I will review all entries to make sure they include the necessaary information (see the rules for posted by Torby to make sure you understand what is required) and tally up the scores for all entries. Remeber 10 points get shaved off for not including the necessary information as described in the rules so check your entries.

BTW: Thanks Tom for reposting this here. :D

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Steve,

I'm not sure you can vote for your wifes piece, but if you could, you would need to use the point system 1 to 10. For the sake of clarity, lets call it scoring. I probably said voting originally or in some follow up, but I meant scoring. That way you can vote on several pieces, as long as they are not your own, or your relatives and immediate families.

BTW:

We are having a spot of foul weather here on the Central Coast of CA and my generator went out yesterday, and all the other generators in the stores sold out immediately.

I woke up early this morning and tore my old generator down, but could not find the problem. I lucked out though and was able to buy a second generator which is now running. My access to the internet, and your access to my site, might be temporarily interrupted every 9 hours or so. and if this last more than a another day then every twenty hours to change filters plugs and oil according to the users manual /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I've found that you can copy an image from an html by right clicking on the image. Then, if you use the reply option on the posts, and not the quick reply at the bottom of the page, you can paste the image right in the textarea without inserting BBC code or html.
Also, I've found that BBC code no longer works, where as html does.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
No harm in shaving off a few pounds as long as it looks like you still,,, which it does ;)
I'm wishing I was living on Pacific Island right now myself.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Posted By geno6309 on 01/14/2008 8:51 AM
Thank you for the positive comments. I think I've demonstrated here that the self image I sometimes carry in my head doesn't quite match the image I carry on my aching feet.
Thanks again
Gene Walker

Now, is that what psychiatrists call "cognative desonance"?

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Posted By Gaetan from Montreal on 01/22/2008 9:22 AM
Hello Richard

Would it be possible to get another added delay to the contest ?     I know, I know, I sound a bit like when I was in school......./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif     But for once, I am on the right way with this project, I would like to finish and present it........    The head is done , the body is positioned and filling up.     But I won't have enough time to detail and paint it for the 25th.......    So a bit more time would be welcomed....

Thanks, Gaétan

Gaetan,
 Let us know how much time you need, and we will get a general consencus from the rest of the entrants.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Posted By BnEgscale on 01/22/2008 8:36 PM
I'm done so it doesn't matter to me what the deadline is. The idea of prompting more people to do figures is the most important part of this.

Bob

Unless I hear otherwise from other entrants, I'm going to extend the deadline to Feb 1s and Feb 7 will be the cutt of on scoring pieces.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Nice job Matt. Too bad about the cane pole. I like the shot of the real you and daughter, I was thinking it would be cool if she could have worn the same color dress and did her hair the same, and you could have worn a similar color of paints as the sculptures. Then, you could have zoomed back aways from the figures revealing the your yard and taken 1 more shot, then the shot of you in your daughter dressed like the figures and crowded into that same chair :D

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Thanks for starting off the scoring Tom,
JUST A NOTE,
- you can not score your own piece
- you can not give negative points. Jack and I will deduct the necessary points for those entries that did not follow the guidelines.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Gaetan,
I've read them already, and I'm pretty sure Jack did since we both discussed using that putty you used.... say, might be a nice idea to repost the name of that product at least, so anyone interested in using it won't have to dig through the archives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.