G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Weather finally improved for some ballasting and getting a run in with the battery powered McKeen car. All went well. Few adjustments need to be made. Will get a small movie on youTube later, if I have time.
Here's the McKeen car going over the bridge on the outer loop, inner loop is not hooked up yet.

Coming out of the new tunnel. Trex ladder will be put in here next spring, is in on the other side of the bridge. The waterfall pond will be

on top of the tunnel, hope it does not leak!

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quite a few topics on it in the track forum. 'ladder' is the word to use to search for this topic. Did you do a search? I ripped down the Trex(plastic decking material) into 3/4 by 1 1/2 strips. Used some solid trex for blocks in between that were the size of the plastic pipe I put in the ground to hold it. I used a bulb drill bit to get the plastic pipe down about 30" to prevent frost heave. Everything is screwed together with deck screws.

G

·
Jerry,
Man that is sooo nice! Wish I was around!!! But I am planning some thing huge right now.
Toad

G

·
Posted By Jerry Barnes on 11/12/2008 8:45 AM
Toad,
Be careful, don't want it too big and overpower the RR. I was worried about my bridge, AFTER I got it together, but the black paint helped to reduce how big it looks.

True Jerry, but you have two main lines running through there so what ever size the bridge has to be then it has to be to the correct size.
Toad

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Jerry - Lovely layout. I've always thought your RR was just the right size and had the perfect level of detail (sorty of llike Larry Mosher's here in MA). I also like the fact that you can run live steam as well as conventional model trains with relative ease. Out of curiosity do you have the general dimensions of the layout? Just curious if something similar will fit into our yard. Thanks, Jon

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.