G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good start on putting in my new tunnel and bridge, after tearing out the old one that was rotting, due to the leaky waterfall above it. Leveled in the dual track tunnel and got it set.

Then on to setting the landscape blocks in for the dual track bridge.

Hopefully, I'll get in the abutments at the other end tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Jerry,

Looks good, when you get a chance you can come help me! I got sided tracked with painting the kitchen.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the Trex ladder system in. The white pipes are to run cords up to the filter.

Another angle. The abutment is set for the bridge.

The bridge set in, it was not as dominant looking as I feared. The black paint helped. It is made of 1/2' steel, welded by a buddy.

Other end.

I made a step at each end with smaller blocks, had not planned that, but it sure helps. Here's a view from across the layout.

Now, if the weather holds I can relay the track on the outside loop for some winter runs. Will do the inner loop/switches in the
spring, after we do the new waterfall.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
woow, I can't wait for your open house next summer. fun running.

SPRING!!!! winter doesn't start till Dec 13th.. lots of time to lay both lines.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
The steel bridge looks great. How long is it? Are you going to add details to it like Marty does? I let mine rust.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
stop saying like Marty does,,,,

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Now is the time to work on layouts no bugs and cool temps. Plenty of time before snow sticks on the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm, thought I had replied to this, but don't see it on here. Thanks for your kind comments!

Bridge is 14' long and 14" wide. Have some major track/switch work to do, if the weather improves again, may get back at it. Will have the outside loop going for sure for some winter runs. Ron Senek helped me some, when he was here, on how to tie the inner and outer loops together. Thanks RON!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very impressive work....bridge looks great as does the whole project. Going to be one nice looking layout, looking forward to seeing more.

Garry NCGRR

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I did mine in 10 FT sections. ( the septic tank is under it.) They are 12 inches x 12 inches. That is a little tight. I should have made it a little wider.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the outer loop hooked back up today, will give it a trial run tomorrow with the McKeen car. Have not hooked up track power yet. Supposed to be WINDY as heck though, but I HAVE to give it a trail run, need a bit of ballast first though. Will shoot some boring pix tomorrow also!

G

·
like Marty does,,,,like Marty does,,,,like Marty does,,,,like Marty does,,,,like Marty does,,,,Just messin with ya Marty he he he
also as usual great work Jerry, bridge and tunnel and your whole layout look great... also did you know there was another Jerry Barnes on this site??????? were going to have to start calling you guys Jerry#1 AND Jerry #2 HA HA HA
Nick..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts