1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
I would imagine that "Aristo" (Lewis Polk and Navin) which is also Crest would have first dibs on re-making stuff with Kader.

Scott would probably have access too, but I think Kader has his "money" completely tied up in selling the accumulated rolling stock.

But we may never know the real story. It is indeed somewhat counter intuitive.

Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aristo Mallet.

My Aristo Mallet #1 driver on the rear unit locked up and I got the star washer and the screw cross threaded putting it back together. Anyone know the size of that screw? Also, where I can find parts for this locomotive?

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
That snapping noise you just heard was me getting a good case of whiplash, making sure I ordered a set of the 29111-D before anyone else in the whole world. I have a seriously dust-covered (or is it dust-filled?) hopper that's sat on a basement shelf for 4-5 years now, waiting for Barber-type steel wheels. Thought I'd never actually get 'em.

JackM

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Wilbur, parts from crest-electronics.com ...

Metric screw, if you cross threaded it, the half axle most likely needs replacement.

Greg

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
They don't have that many parts left anymore. There are a few people who bought a lot of it up, I got a few things LOL[/SIZE]

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I would imagine that "Aristo" (Lewis Polk and Navin) which is also Crest would have first dibs on re-making stuff with Kader.

Scott would probably have access too, but I think Kader has his "money" completely tied up in selling the accumulated rolling stock.

But we may never know the real story. It is indeed somewhat counter intuitive.

Greg

I was informed that Aristo's metal wheels were obtained from a different source than from the the source that made rolling stock and locos.

Also, "Lewis Martin Polk, Inc." is on the package label for the CRE29111D wheel set that I recently purchased.

-Ted

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ted,
Very interesting about the package labeling. Are the wheels the same quality?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Paul,

I have not taken them out of the bubble pack yet, but looking at it they seem to be the same.
To clarify, the source that made the wheels had been different when Aristo was still in business.

-Ted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts