G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've had no major building projects this past winter but have had some repairs to make.  My model of Niblock's Pork Store, whose prototype is a roadside landmark in Salem County here in South Jersey, is now three years old and the roof made of wet-dry sandpaper did not hold up in our local elements.  I have replaced it with a Precision Products' shingle roof (made in plastic sheets) and painted it with exterior latex.  It is held on with Loctite's Power Grab, a repositional high-tack building adhesive that you can get in caulking gun size in the big box builder stores.  It was relatively inexpensive, easy to apply, does not have a nasty odor, and cleans up with water.   I have high hope for it.

You'll note that the walls and windows of the building have become quite weathered in three years outdoors.  I plan to keep it that way.

I would have posted more pictures -- I tried unsuccessfully several times -- but have found that the new software will not allow me to do so.  I hope this can be resolved.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Richard, my favorites from Niblock's would be their sage-flavored sausage, and especially their scrapple!  They contain all the five basic fats needed for proper nutrition.

Dave, that's a good one.  LOL!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here's what it looked like right after the original construction with the sandpaper roof.

Tom, I have not seen that Cargill commercial. I guess it might be possible.

Jim, the awning is just a painted wooden dowel with brass rods to support it. A couple of other MLSers made models based on mine and as I recall one had the awning in an open position. Shears that cut with a pattern (available in craft stores) can be used to get the scallop effect along the front edge on an open awning.

During the summer months I have to water often so the green grows quite well on my buildings! Sometimes I give them a light powerwash to control it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.