G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am up and running and everything seems to be fine (so far so good...LOL). I made a "canyon" where the "mountains" will be. I even planted a rose bush to start the garden part. I am adding these pics (I hope I re-sized them ok). The layout looks pretty busy even without any extra "stuff" on it yet. Much nicer than my oval that I had in my front yard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick,

I still have yet to name the railroad, but I am sure something will come to mind when the time is right.

I will try to get some pics over the weekend if the weather holds out. What do you preferr and diesel or a steam loco? I have a Santa Fe Dash 8 in Warbonet and a green Hudson steam. I tell you what I am anxsious to run them at the same time so I will take a pick with them both on. I will also run the smoke for you as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I measured out the track to be 140 ft. the layout itself is, top of "L" 13'10"wide the side of the "L" (lefthand straight) and the main 58" long with the main staright being 20.5 ft deep.

G

·
0 Posts
GREEN HUDSON? never seen one of them before that would be cool or maybe i can lend you a bigboy? i think you have plenty of room for her.. but she still hasnt arrived yet....:D
Nick...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Yep get us some pics of the RR in operation. Looks good so far. Later RJD:)

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Yepper, nice layout..looks big & roomy to run some nice long trains.

I have that same green Hudson but I'm working on painting it into a NYC version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts